Operation detune?

Right heres problem, im starting a new job soon and i need to use my w.end warrior 197 as a daily commuter.

Thing is im not sure if i should make it completely std with rear seats, belts and oem wheel with less aggressive brake pads. Or to keep it caged and stripped and just put up with it?

I'd luv a car i can just sit in and use comfortably but im not sure if i'd get bored of the sensible stuff?

Opinions needed? :smile:

( im using a 5 year old fone to post this so apologies if the layout is odd or confusing )

are you doing motorway miles or is it all country roads?

also, with the money you spend putting it back to standard, could you not buy a cheaper motor for every day use and keep the 197 for the weekends?

You'd probably get bored with the sensible stuff. On my way to work they're repairing a big section of road and I really really don't like driving my 197 over the construction site althought it's not that bad - I drive like a slug tbh lol. So sometimes I take my girlies Honda Civic gen.6 1.4i and omg it's so soft. The steering is so spongy with no feedback, the clutch is so smooth that I always kick in the pedal like a complete idiot and the ride is......you get the picture. I normally drive once or twice to work with her car and then I have to drive my 197. It's like a drug :tongueout: when I'm in the car I think....omg what kinda roads we have here....omg the suspension is so hard......but there is always a smile on my face. When I'm driving the Civic I'm always like...eehh the suspension is too soft :rofl:

I had a similar dilemer, but with the risk of damaging my 197. I like takin my mountain bike to different trails around the local area with my mates and I didn't want to put the bike rack on it. Also I do some jobs every now and agen at the weekends doing plumbing and that. So me and my dad went halves on a 1998 Pug 406 estate! Its great! I just don't have to worry about it at all, and being a 2.0l,its got some go in it so I dnt mind switching from the Clio so much. And best of all it only cost £675!

I do 50 miles a day in mine,cost about £10 a day about £210 per month ,worth every penny though.A mix of roads incl. M way A and B.
Could be worth geting a car/bike that does 50 mpg half the fuel bill and keeping the Clio for the weekends

I use my 197 everyday. Lukily my commute is less than 5miles so it doesn't bother me at all! I think the Clio is so easy to live with you can use it everyday. Even if you have modded it!

I think see how you get on, you may be presently surprised with the results!

dude, youll deffo regret it, cuz youll never look at your car in the same way again, youll always for as long as you put it back to standard just think "i prefered it when it was stripped and caged etc"

i ran a mk1 golf on 13s an coilies wound down 120mm and trust me, i wouldnt have had it any other way lol.

at least see how u get on for a few months first, dont go makin any rash decisions :thumbsup:

I think i'll keep it stripped and try to get insured on my dads laguna lol, seeing as he never uses it anyway.

Besides, that cage was so hard to get fitted that i couldnt even imagine taking it back out :worried: