Operation 'Ultra 197'

Done a cracking job looks ace

Good as new. :smiley:

Cheers guys. I've not seen one now with better bodywork. Parked up next to a brand new Gordini a few weeks back and mine looked just as good bodywork wise. I suppose only having coverd 19.8k miles helps.

Got a few more bits lined up.

Was booked in for the alloy refurb on Tuesday but had to cancel due to working away.

Still not sure what colour to go for.

Will either be anthracite or silver as I may have a set of brand new 200 Speedlines in black coming soon.

Reactions: WRP
been busy today just doing a spot of cleaning.

decided to get the wheels off and give the arches etc a good back to new work over. No fancy proucts just the following:

Auto glym machine clean (water based)
Auto glym silicone rubber/plastic treatment
WD40
Wire brush (small and large)
Soft/medium fibre brush
Rags

Before starting work...

P1010161.jpg

During, ensuring no silicone gets on the brakes.. :thumbdown:

P1010162.jpg

P1010163.jpg

Result. :cloud9:

P1010164.jpg

P1010165.jpg

P1010167.jpg

I find the alluminium bits so hard to clean so gave up a bit tbh

chuffed

P1010173.jpg

P1010168.jpg

P1010171.jpg

WOW... great work, you can do my arches if you like... though not! LOL
You should definitely get the wheels done Anthracite.

Just referring back to your post on the boot drainage holes.
After reading yours i checked my boot and its different. It has covers over the two outer holes too. Did you remove them or were they never there? Mine is a 2008 57 plate Ultra Red!

WOW... great work, you can do my arches if you like... though not! LOL
You should definitely get the wheels done Anthracite.

Just referring back to your post on the boot drainage holes.
After reading yours i checked my boot and its different. It has covers over the two outer holes too. Did you remove them or were they never there? Mine is a 2008 57 plate Ultra Red!

Thanks mate - can you post me a pic of your boot lid from inside so I can take a look please?? That would be a great help - cheers.

looking good, I clean my arches too. :smile:

try put AutoGlym bumper care, it give arches keep clean and the mud or tars will fall off.

looking good, I clean my arches too. :smile:

try put AutoGlym bumper care, it give arches keep clean and the mud or tars will fall off.

Thanks Giles. Yeah I could have invested in some better cleaning stuff, but I'm sure it will get dirty again pretty quickly so didn't want to spend too much.

Awesome work fella!!

Cheers Luke.

Still in a dilema over the wheels. Yours looks great with the antracites - is that Renault anthracite or a slightly darker colour on your wheels??

Also, I really like the F1 decals and I'm seriously thinking of having at least the front sides and rears (roof may be too much). Not to look like the F1, just because I think they look great on the 197.

Mine are slightly darker I've got Renault f1 centre caps on and they are slightly lighter not that you can really notice!

Similar Thread Suggestions