Operation 'Ultra 197'

Cheers Luke.

Still in a dilema over the wheels. Yours looks great with the antracites - is that Renault anthracite or a slightly darker colour on your wheels??

Also, I really like the F1 decals and I'm seriously thinking of having at least the front sides and rears (roof may be too much). Not to look like the F1, just because I think they look great on the 197.

Check out my thread mate.
If your wanting an idea what anth wheels and "F1" decals looks like mine have them on.

I did it for the same reason your considering it for, I don't want to pretend to be an R27 I just felt the red needed something else.

Car looking great btw fella.
And those arches are a defo winner!
Good work :smile:

Check out my thread mate.
If your wanting an idea what anth wheels and "F1" decals looks like mine have them on.

I did it for the same reason your considering it for, I don't want to pretend to be an R27 I just felt the red needed something else.

Car looking great btw fella.
And those arches are a defo winner!
Good work :smile:

Cheers mate, I really appreciate the advice. I don't normally look for approval, but glad someone else thinks the same. The decals just give it a sporty look, and I did fancy an R27 just for that reason (wasn't bothered about the cup chassis as it was going to be an everyday car at the time). I just couldn't find a sensibly priced and/or low mileage good example.

Will have a look at your thread - can you point me to your thread?

Anthracite all the way!

Cheers Arran - I think that's what I'm going to go for now. Probably going to go for the OE Renault Anthracite.

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11888

There ya go fella.
I was in the same place as you. Allthough I do wish I'd got the recaros.

My decals are from eBay as I didn't want to be paying Renault prices when it's not a proper R27.

The wheels are the renault colour as they came from Leigh's R27.

The paint code if you need it is: 205-272

Cheers mate that's great. If I was tracking this one I would have gone for the R27, recaros etc but this 197 is purely for the road - that's why I sold the Rallye and the 172 Cup, as with family commitments I just haven't got the time to compete now.

Found the decals really cheap

http://street-race.org/ClioF1Team

looking good mate.

Cheers Giles

I will keep the thread updated as I think I'm going to get the wheels sorted in the next 2 weeks and may also try to get the decals on.

They're the same and cheaper on eBay mate.

Just keep in mind that they don't have the White smaller text under the F1 team.

They're the same and cheaper on eBay mate.

Just keep in mind that they don't have the White smaller text under the F1 team.

Cheers mate - I have searched ebay though and can't find anything under F1 or R27 clio decals??

I take it you mean the 'World champions bla bla bla' bit on the side under the Renault F1 team?

Cheers again!

F1 decals ordered
(not the roof - as I was told today by Renault it was £700!! yes!! 700!!)

Car booked in for Alloys tomo

:cloud9:

Really want mine doing that will be happy (for time being lol!!!) with the visual side if I can get those and projectors put on.

Not convinced with the stickers tbh, think they'll cheapen the car, and make it something its not imo. Still, different strokes for different blokes eh?

Not convinced with the stickers tbh, think they'll cheapen the car, and make it something its not imo. Still, different strokes for different blokes eh?

Hi mate. Yeah I guess so.

I just think the car lacks some livery and I really like the F1 decals. Nothing else decal wise floats my boat.

Car gone in for the wheels - I'm nervous! :bye2:

Hi mate. Yeah I guess so.

I just think the car lacks some livery and I really like the F1 decals. Nothing else decal wise floats my boat.

Car gone in for the wheels - I'm nervous! :bye2:

less is more, loved how clean your lady cup was over on cs :wink:

less is more, loved how clean your lady cup was over on cs :wink:

Cheers Gaz.

I think I've gone a bit mental this week though.

I did get the wheels done, but what it ended up doing is making me think that I know I am going to spend thousands on the 197 trying to make it something it's not - as such I've decided to chop it in for a cup packed 200.

Not sure what to do now - start a new thread for the Albi 200 or rename this thread and contiue it?? ideas??

Similar Thread Suggestions