Ok i give in

With all due respect to the Clio die-hards here.....why not sell and get a Meg ?
I reckon it's probably to do with the meg being ugly as sin, especially with that rear end. Also doesn't stick out as much as the Clio does in terms of looks and overall stance. I would also say the clio is probably quite a bit more nimble and "less grown up" too. I'm talking about the 225 by the way. Not a fan of the 250 either but it's not as bad as the former.

Reactions: Johnny 99
I reckon it's probably to do with the meg being ugly as sin, especially with that rear end. Also doesn't stick out as much as the Clio does in terms of looks and overall stance. I would also say the clio is probably quite a bit more nimble and "less grown up" too. I'm talking about the 225 by the way. Not a fan of the 250 either but it's not as bad as the former.
Actually pretty much agree with you.lol

Reactions: DS197
Been thinking about this over dinner, have to agree with @sevenfourate we will be in the minority! But joking (or not) aside, I can see Clio ownership evolving into this more and more as time goes on. It is really interesting to see people doing this.
Thankfully I don't know any different so I wouldn't know if I'd miss having a turbo, but if I did I'd likely have a 200 EDC (because I'm not man enough to see a conversion through!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been thinking about this over dinner, have to agree with @sevenfourate we will be in the minority! But joking (or not) aside, I can see Clio ownership evolving into this more and more as time goes on. It is really interesting to see people doing this.
Thankfully I don't know any different so I wouldn't know if I'd miss having a turbo, but if I did I'd likely have a 200 EDC (because I'm not man enough to see a conversion through!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your tracking it - i can see the appeal of a Meg'd Clio. For road-use - i'd probably take the easy route and start with a Turbo'd car as a base and go from there.

Same story on CSOC on fb today when a few people posted engine pics. Half of them were Meg'd. Literally !

I'm the same as you. If i were to get another Clio - i'd get a MK4 with a Turbo for sure.

Can really see the appeal of the meg'd clios, hell I did consider them whilst I got the 200t, but the trouble when buying second hand you just dont know (unless you buy one with a full progress thread for example) what your getting yourself in for.

Was a toss up for me, a 250, a 200t or a megged clio. I went with the 200t as it was the newest I could afford with my budget and the megs were a bit more expensive to insure...

Well im going to fight the bug!!! I went on my first track day at the weekend (only a little track - three sisters)
I had so much bloody fun! and i embarresed a few way more powerful cars... including my brother in his megane 265 cup. He came right up behind my on the straights but i just left him behind when it came to the corners!!!!
OVER THE MOON!!!!!:excited:

Maybe if i bought another 197... i would then be tempted haha

Reactions: Sean197
Well im going to fight the bug!!! I went on my first track day at the weekend (only a little track - three sisters)
I had so much bloody fun! and i embarrassed a few way more powerful cars... including my brother in his megane 265 cup. He came right up behind my on the straights but i just left him behind when it came to the corners!!!!
OVER THE MOON!!!!!:excited:

That's the thing with the n/a Clios, they're great through the twisties, but when you get to the straights you're always left wishing you had just a bit more grunt, especially low-down grunt, which is pretty poor. The mk3 is just too heavy for the engine, added to that the bhp/£ ratio of tuning the n/a engine is a mugs game, with even the most mental tune only just breaking past standard Megane bhp/torque figures. Even just from a financial pov a Megane engine is miles ahead.
The Megane transplant is the best of both worlds; you keep the excellent handling of the clio, and you get the torque and the 'tuneability' of the Megane engine. And you don't lose ANY of the fun factor, anyone who says you do has never driven one.
I've also found the Megane engine makes the clio much more civilised during 'normal' driving, overtaking is much easier, and you don't look/sound like a knob when you have to rev the tits off it just to pull out of a junction. Personally, I wouldn't go back to an n/a 197/200.

Reactions: Jimmy and Pav
That's the thing with the n/a Clios, they're great through the twisties, but when you get to the straights you're always left wishing you had just a bit more grunt, especially low-down grunt, which is pretty poor. The mk3 is just too heavy for the engine, added to that the bhp/£ ratio of tuning the n/a engine is a mugs game, with even the most mental tune only just breaking past standard Megane bhp/torque figures. Even just from a financial pov a Megane engine is miles ahead.
The Megane transplant is the best of both worlds; you keep the excellent handling of the clio, and you get the torque and the 'tuneability' of the Megane engine. And you don't lose ANY of the fun factor, anyone who says you do has never driven one.
I've also found the Megane engine makes the clio much more civilised during 'normal' driving, overtaking is much easier, and you don't look/sound like a knob when you have to rev the tits off it just to pull out of a junction. Personally, I wouldn't go back to an n/a 197/200.
well put Sean..thats what the clio RS2016 was all about..the best of both worlds...

Reactions: Sean197
Personally I'd stick with the n/a clio and if I wanted boost I'd change cars to one that was boosted as standard and go from there. Money wise I wouldn't be spending £5kish on my old French car just to get a 2nd hand lump upgrade. Only my 10 cents worth :blush:

STOP selling this idea to me!

Personally I'd stick with the n/a clio and if I wanted boost I'd change cars to one that was boosted as standard and go from there. Money wise I wouldn't be spending £5kish on my old French car just to get a 2nd hand lump upgrade. Only my 10 cents worth :blush:
Can't see it being five grand. Done a few mi16 pugs before so have half an idea what I'm doing. Lol. Using Clio box so can keep close ratios. So engine will be under a grand, will be fitting engine etc myself. Just need someone good with electrics and welding.lol

You can buy a ready-made loom from K-Tec, and I believe a ready made exhaust from Pure Motorsport. I reckon budget £2.5-3k for a DIY conversion, and that's leaving plenty of room for manoeuvre should there be any issues.

You can buy a ready-made loom from K-Tec, and I believe a ready made exhaust from Pure Motorsport. I reckon budget £2.5-3k for a DIY conversion, and that's leaving plenty of room for manoeuvre should there be any issues.
That's about what I was hoping for!