Ok i give in

Ha found a complete engine turbo and box close by!! I assume no one uses original turbo for the conversion as they are known to fail?

Ha found a complete engine turbo and box close by!! I assume no one uses original turbo for the conversion as they are known to fail?

Never heard of them being known to fail? Standard turbo is good for around 270-ish bhp and 300lb/ft torque (you don't want to risk more than 300lb/ft torque as it's around this figure you start to bend con-rods). For this reason I'd recommend ARP rod bolts as a matter of course.
A common modification is to fit the turbo from a Megane 250 (same turbo as the 225 I believe but has a larger turbine wheel). I'll be fitting one in the new year, along with 630cc injectors and a remap at RS Tuning, I'm hoping for 300bhp and around 290lb/ft to be on the safe side.

Reactions: wanger
Never heard of them being known to fail? Standard turbo is good for around 270-ish bhp and 300lb/ft torque (you don't want to risk more than 300lb/ft torque as it's around this figure you start to bend con-rods). For this reason I'd recommend ARP rod bolts as a matter of course.
A common modification is to fit the turbo from a Megane 250 (same turbo as the 225 I believe but has a larger turbine wheel). I'll be fitting one in the new year, along with 630cc injectors and a remap at RS Tuning, I'm hoping for 300bhp and around 290lb/ft to be on the safe side.
Ah OK I've seen a few with smokey turbos on eBay so assumed they suffered the usual blocked oil feed problem

My old 250 was running 309bhp and 360 lbs of torque

I quite fancy one of the turbos I've seen on street outlaws but not sure I could find a road long enough to give it a chance to spin up .lol

Reactions: mr freeze
Ok so just got back from Prague. Thought better get arse in gear. Just bought 83000 mile engine, turbo, gearbox and hopefully all of loom for 314 quid! I won't use gearbox and doesn't come with ecu but will find one later on. Intercooler and pipes etc about to be sorted. :track:

Good stuff Steve, you won't regret it. I have an ecu and all the pipes, a megane intercooler and a 250 turbo. @Pav has first refusal on the ecu and pipes but if it falls through and you need them give me a shout. Intercooler and 250 turbo will be up for sale after xmas.

Good stuff Steve, you won't regret it. I have an ecu and all the pipes, a megane intercooler and a 250 turbo. @Pav has first refusal on the ecu and pipes but if it falls through and you need them give me a shout. Intercooler and 250 turbo will be up for sale after xmas.
Ok thanks Sean, intercooler I think is sorted and pipework from someone on here but until seen engine not sure what condition turbo etc is in but I will post as I go along so feel free to message