Ok i give in

I can see why people are doing the meg conversions as the standard n/a engine lacks the power low down where you need it .
I myself would probably not buy a n/a car again as i miss the kick a turbocharged engine gives .

Can't see it being five grand. Done a few mi16 pugs before so have half an idea what I'm doing. Lol. Using Clio box so can keep close ratios. So engine will be under a grand, will be fitting engine etc myself. Just need someone good with electrics and welding.lol
Fair play if you do it yourself. Becomes more tempting financially then.
I would need to pay garage labour charges hence £5k

You can buy a ready-made loom from K-Tec, and I believe a ready made exhaust from Pure Motorsport. I reckon budget £2.5-3k for a DIY conversion, and that's leaving plenty of room for manoeuvre should there be any issues.
Just got to get my head around the ecu thing

Just got to get my head around the ecu thing

nothing to get your head round - you remove the clio ecu, send off it and your Megane ecu and get the clio immobiliser coded to your new Megane ecu. You fit the Megane ecu, and everything works. You need a Megane 225 ecu, any Euro 4 one will work, doesn't have to be an r26 one.

Reactions: Big Ben
I can see why people are doing the meg conversions as the standard n/a engine lacks the power low down where you need it .
I myself would probably not buy a n/a car again as i miss the kick a turbocharged engine gives .
Thing for is it's not fast in a straight line, yes it will keep up with anything on a back road but what's point of that?

nothing to get your head round - you remove the clio ecu, send off it and your Megane ecu and get the clio immobiliser coded to your new Megane ecu. You fit the Megane ecu, and everything works. You need a Megane 225 ecu, any Euro 4 one will work, doesn't have to be an r26 one.
I thought you said nothing to get your head around:tonguewink:

Reactions: Sean197
Ah OK that's the bit I was struggling with. I thought had to be r26 one .

you can have any exhaust but an aftermarket is probably better as its a bigger diameter..

have a good time mate..watch your wallet :tearsofjoy:
also sorry for the late reply..the carbon fiber vinyl was from ebay..sure there is a link in my progress thread..

have a good time mate..watch your wallet :tearsofjoy:
also sorry for the late reply..the carbon fiber vinyl was from ebay..sure there is a link in my progress thread..
Oh yes got that covered, partner carrying money so no chance of being mugged.lol. I couldn't see anywhere in thread about applying the vinyl? But I did have a toddler eating my face at the time. I see you've got a meg lump. I'm on the hunt too so maybe could swap notes! I fancy doing my diffuser and mirrors in carbon but wasn't sure how easy to work with

Don't worry too much about Prague Steve, I read loads of horror stories before I went and it turned out a lovely trip. Just be sensible, like you would be anywhere else.

Reactions: Pav
I see you've got a meg lump. I'm on the hunt too so maybe could swap notes! I fancy doing my diffuser and mirrors in carbon but wasn't sure how easy to work with
yeah no problem...rear mirrors are doable..bit fiddly but can be done but the diffuser??hmm thats a challenge..not done it myself..

Don't worry too much about Prague Steve, I read loads of horror stories before I went and it turned out a lovely trip. Just be sensible, like you would be anywhere else.
Thanks Micah, I'm getting a few odd looks when I tell people like they no something I don't!!