Nimbus R27 - now lowered and fitted with spacers

So... Everything is on, however, I can see why people haven't done this before.. The boom from the exhaust is insane. At the top of the rev range it sounds incredible but it just isn't usable day to day so the cat will be going back in for the time being till I find a suitable sports cat.

I'll get a vid tomorrow though without the cat for comedy value. It's knocking a bit at the moment so won't sound great but you'll get the idea...

[video=youtube;VwkJmAQnVFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwkJmAQnVFY[/video]

One extremely loud Clio! Sounds amazing but as said in previous post it's just a bit too much....

Thoughts?

Haha I like em loud!

Double dare you to remove the rear seats and go out for a blast in it!

EVEN LOUDER!

That's what I did as the old exhaust is still in the back! I'd get pulled everywhere.... Honestly even my 75yr old Grandad said to me he loved it! The wife wasn't so keen....

Do you wanna buy my silencer replacement pipe. You'll see straight away how much better it sounds with just that!

Lovely car you have there mate!! Sounds incredible.What exhaust is that? Would that silencer replacement pipe fit onto my ktec? Its a 200. If so could be interested :wink:

Is this a decatted ktec with the toyosport manifold then? Sounds soooo nice!!

Put the seats back in and add some sound proofing haha

Lovely car you have there mate!! Sounds incredible.What exhaust is that? Would that silencer replacement pipe fit onto my ktec? Its a 200. If so could be interested :wink:

It sounds great, my only issue was how boomy it was at motorway speeds. It was just ridiculous. I love a loud car but that just was too much.

It's a toyosport manifold (decatted) with a scorpion manifold back system.

The pipe may fit. It's to replace the centre silencer. I'll try and get an image later.

That sound, makes me want the decat manifold. Sounds beautiful.

It just looks cool too...a8yqe6am.jpg

Is this a decatted ktec with the toyosport manifold then? Sounds soooo nice!!

Put the seats back in and add some sound proofing haha

Scorpion system pal. A few adjustment issues at the moment that I need to sort - seems to be the case with their systems but all good.

Note of caution though, make sure you order a new lower engine 'torque link' - the new manifold touches the subframe so you need a stiffer mount to stop the engine moving (well so I'm told anyway!)

Holy cow. This is loud. Niceeeeee

Should hear it in the flesh....!

I already have the Scorpion system with decat and this is what I could have.. Oh my wallet.. haha.
To deal with the booming it could be worth sticking the original cat in the exhaust to see if it helps? If that works then maybe a 200cell sport cat could be an option for the future?
My system was really boomy and irritating for the first few months (Motorway commute everyday 15 miles each way) but now it's sooted up it sounds lovely. Might just be a wait and see thing?