Nimbus R27 - now lowered and fitted with spacers

So, after not getting much love for a while, the Clio is now getting some attention with:

- New suspension bushes to tighten the ride up. Feels so much better already!
- Toyosport 4 branch manifold and new cat back exhaust to fit with the current decat pipe
- A new windscreen after the original nearly shattered after following an XFR
- A rolling road remap to follow the exhaust fitment in the next 2 weeks.

I then need to do a brake upgrade as mine are snagged - any advice much appreciated.

Once the 'Zorst goes on i'll put a couple of vids and pics up :smile:

Looking very tidy that! Looks very nice when clean I must say.

With regards to brakes what is your budget and what are you looking to change first off.

Glad to see you still have her!! lots of people have got the mtec brakes atm, changed mine the other week and they feel a lot better than the standard ones. where are you getting the car mapped at?

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-dis...sport-197-2-0-16v06-06/front-brake-discs.html

Im not sure yet pal... May just completely refurb with standard discs then change to a better pad - maybe DS2500s although I do like the idea of some grooved discs. The map I think I'll have done at Devil Developments. They aren't Renault experts but know their stuff and do a lot of Ford work, plus they are only 10 mins away.

Some nice upgrades pal

Thanks buddy :smile:

Looking very tidy that! Looks very nice when clean I must say.

With regards to brakes what is your budget and what are you looking to change first off.

Cheers buddy, paintwork is immaculate so looks great when polished. Looking forward to hearing it when the exhaust goes on this weekend. Budget is limited ish - not going to spend mega bucks but happy to fork out a fair bit to get them sorted... Any suggestions?

I bet! That's pretty much the one thing I haven't done and need to look at.

A lot of people here are running the same pads which are the Ferodo DS2500 which before I put them in I was kind of like "they can't be that good" BUT they really are. Twinned with a decent set of discs and fluid and the braking power is extremely noticeable. Actually nearly had someone on here in a normal 200 with standard brakes rear end me because he couldn't stop quick enough!
[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] should be able to sort you pads out for a very competitive price compared to other retailers. Fluid is probably best to get from opieoils when they have one of their many sales on, check HERE in their traders section and you should be able to find a good deal, A lot of people go for either Motul RB600 or RB660.

With regards to discs a lot of people think that standard Brembo HC discs are up to the challenge but for me they weren't up to the task on track. I got Rogue's barely used Tarox F2000 on and they really do work well with the rest of the setup.

I'll stop waffling now :smiley:

I bet! That's pretty much the one thing I haven't done and need to look at.

A lot of people here are running the same pads which are the Ferodo DS2500 which before I put them in I was kind of like "they can't be that good" BUT they really are. Twinned with a decent set of discs and fluid and the braking power is extremely noticeable. Actually nearly had someone on here in a normal 200 with standard brakes rear end me because he couldn't stop quick enough!
[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] should be able to sort you pads out for a very competitive price compared to other retailers. Fluid is probably best to get from opieoils when they have one of their many sales on, check HERE in their traders section and you should be able to find a good deal, A lot of people go for either Motul RB600 or RB660.

With regards to discs a lot of people think that standard Brembo HC discs are up to the challenge but for me they weren't up to the task on track. I got Rogue's barely used Tarox F2000 on and they really do work well with the rest of the setup.

I'll stop waffling now :smiley:

No don't be silly bud I really appreciate it! What was the tarox price new?

I'm really intrigued to see the difference of a remap and exhaust on these things, especially completely decatted.

I'll speak to [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] and see what he can do :smile:

I think about £249 for the Tarox discs, again Fernandez will be able to help you out there.

Not had mine remapped yet as I only got a standard intake and exhaust but suppose I best look into those soon.

A remap if done right should give you a much smoother pick up through the revs.

I think about £249 for the Tarox discs, again Fernandez will be able to help you out there.

Not had mine remapped yet as I only got a standard intake and exhaust but suppose I best look into those soon.

A remap if done right should give you a much smoother pick up through the revs.

With no restriction in the exhaust at all it should make for an interesting drive!

Rear discs seem to be a bugger to get hold of for decent ones.

What's yours running at the moment?

With regards the manifold, I would consider putting a new lower engine mount on, you'll notice a grind/knock once it's fitted, it has less movement than the standard item, plus if your replacing it due to damaged flexi joints it most likely the mount that caused the problem. Brakes, I run Brembo hc with dc performance pads, good enough for road use. But as said the dc2500 are very good, the Michelin cup series run Brembo hc with dc2500 without any problems.

Most people don't really upgrade the rears as they only do a small amount of braking. So standard Brembo discs and pads should be ok, depends how hard you are using it I suppose.

Front discs Tarox F2000
Front pads Ferodo DS2500
Fluid Motul RB660
HEL braided brake lines all round

Rears are the standard Brembo's but need replacing and the pads are Pagid.

Most people don't really upgrade the rears as they only do a small amount of braking. So standard Brembo discs and pads should be ok, depends how hard you are using it I suppose.

Front discs Tarox F2000
Front pads Ferodo DS2500
Fluid Motul RB660
HEL braided brake lines all round

Rears are the standard Brembo's but need replacing and the pads are Pagid.

What else have you done to it? Sounds a great setup!

Pretty much it really matey, got the Sprintbooster in it and like I said that's probably the best thing I've done. Absolutely transforms the car!

Springs to go on along with a 200 gearbox with a diff in it and maybe some strut braces and I'll be done.

Pretty much it really matey, got the Sprintbooster in it and like I said that's probably the best thing I've done. Absolutely transforms the car!

Springs to go on along with a 200 gearbox with a diff in it and maybe some strut braces and I'll be done.

Does the sprint booster really make that bigger difference? Saw some springs for £100 in the for sale section...

A massive difference! It turns the car into how Renault should have rolled it off the assembly line!