New car detail

PMSL Roy, at the rate im going I will be lucky if I get it by then..

Thanks for the web site Woody :smile:

IMO I would spend the £££ on some good quality products and do it yourself much better investment than paying for a one off. I am a great believer in prevention is better than a cure so investing in some great kit so you can keep on top of the car and stop the build up of crud it will look better in 12 months than otherwise.

I can do the basics, wash and wipe over LOL, I have a medical condition that prevents me from doing anything more hardcore :worried:

^Thanks JPC :smile:

Not what it says here http://www.mirrorfinishautodetailing.co.uk/detailing/the-new-car-myth :smiley: I know where your coming from tbh but its more to do with prepping for winter and making sure the car is protected.

Your totally right protecting your car is something you should do, Im not one to force my opinion on others at all, I have worked as a car salesman at a main dealers for some years and know every trick in the book but its such a tricky subject, If you ask the dealer not to wash the car then it could be dirty and even the best pro's may struggle to see through the film for paint defects etc or damage if you let the dealer clean it they may make micro scratches to the paint or worse, If its ok with the dealer you can get it detailed before collection by the pro instead but this happened to me on a focus st and there was damage to the bonnet and the whole blame game kicked off.

To me £250 is alot of money and i wouldn't want to see a fellow enthusiast waste there's without all the info as much of what the detailer does you can do at home.

Pete

"Do it yourself" posts are pointless, I'm pretty sure that everyone doesn't possess the equipment and time to detail their own car to a professional level.

How far do they travel Maz, any ideas as I see they're based in Cheshire?

Thinking of having mine done for winter.

Just got a reply to my e-mail so I have asked for you, will let you know :smile:

Maz I want to do it :worried: u can have tea and biscuits at mine while u wait too lol

Your totally right protecting your car is something you should do, Im not one to force my opinion on others at all, I have worked as a car salesman at a main dealers for some years and know every trick in the book but its such a tricky subject, If you ask the dealer not to wash the car then it could be dirty and even the best pro's may struggle to see through the film for paint defects etc or damage if you let the dealer clean it they may make micro scratches to the paint or worse, If its ok with the dealer you can get it detailed before collection by the pro instead but this happened to me on a focus st and there was damage to the bonnet and the whole blame game kicked off.

To me £250 is alot of money and i wouldn't want to see a fellow enthusiast waste there's without all the info as much of what the detailer does you can do at home.

Pete

What is your take on dealers charging upwards of £400 on dreadful sealants applied by valeters in 1-2 hours at 1000%s profit margins and monthly sales targets?

Any u like. Id buy them in. **** u cud even have a nap in my bed. That's customer service at the next level lmfao

Lol depends how u interpret it. On a new car I'd charge no more than £80 for full protection including glass and interior fabrics

I would brake out the Swiss bos for yours too wich is rare cus u would norm only get supernatural lol. Worth considering :wink: just for the tea and biscuits

^^ thank you very kind :smile:

What is your take on dealers charging upwards of £400 on dreadful sealants applied by valeters in 1-2 hours at 1000%s profit margins and monthly sales targets?

Is this what they call super guard JPC ? my mum had this on a brand new golf and wouldn't have it again.

I would brake out the Swiss bos for yours too wich is rare cus u would norm only get supernatural lol. Worth considering :wink: just for the tea and biscuits
so smooooooooooooooth mate
i will have to try that line lmao

You would be amazed at how new cars are delivered, holograms, marring, fallout, swirls, RDS even etching if its been sat at the docks for a while with bird **** left on the paint.

Get it detailed by a pro, its not a waste of money, what is, is paying £400 for a dealers crappy sealant that's worth about £30 that seals in all the dirt.