New car detail

Have done and found someone local, just wondered what peoples thoughts are?

They also offer a hourly rate service of coming to inspect the car when you pick up and wondered if thats worth it or just totally anal LOL

I will but want to make sure its done properly the first time if that makes sense and that its all protected for winter too.

Have done and found someone local, just wondered what peoples thoughts are?

They also offer a hourly rate service of coming to inspect the car when you pick up and wondered if thats worth it or just totally anal LOL

if your not to confident on doing it take someone with you 2 pairs of eyes are better than 1 :bat:

you can its easy. ask woody to tell you wat to do
you will be fine save ya money

"Do it yourself" posts are pointless, I'm pretty sure that everyone doesn't possess the equipment and time to detail their own car to a professional level.

How far do they travel Maz, any ideas as I see they're based in Cheshire?

Thinking of having mine done for winter.

Not sure Daz, waiting for a reply to my e-mail, I could ask and see if we could get a discount for two cars ? (not in one day as that wouldn't be possible lol) there are a few NW locals on DW.

Ok, thanks. I might give them a call tomorrow and talk over the options :smile:

He charges £250 for new car detail, and takes around 10 hours!

250 quid to have a car 'cleaned'! :nope:

Personally, I'd spend 3-4 hours myself with some quality off-the-shelf products - do it properly and it'll be 90% as good as paying a professional and you'll also have the satisfaction of having done it yourself.

Each to their own I suppose.

IMO getting your car detailed when new is a bit of a waste of your wonga yes they use top products and all know there stuff but id save the 250 for in a years time. On the new car theres going to be minimal paint contamination it will be in need of a clean and plenty of wax and sealant which you can buy / do yourself. Then in a year when your cars paint could do with a refresh spend your money as it will be more worthwhile due to having a years worth of crap built up. I cant help but feel for £250 you paying for something that you dont need.

On the other hand if you dont want to put the time in yourself or have plenty to throw at it then fair enough.

^Thanks JPC :smile:

IMO getting your car detailed when new is a bit of a waste of your wonga yes they use top products and all know there stuff but id save the 250 for in a years time. On the new car theres going to be minimal paint contamination it will be in need of a clean and plenty of wax and sealant which you can buy / do yourself. Then in a year when your cars paint could do with a refresh spend your money as it will be more worthwhile due to having a years worth of crap built up. I cant help but feel for £250 you paying for something that you dont need.

On the other hand if you dont want to put the time in yourself or have plenty to throw at it then fair enough.

Not what it says here http://www.mirrorfinishautodetailing.co.uk/detailing/the-new-car-myth :smiley: I know where your coming from tbh but its more to do with prepping for winter and making sure the car is protected.

only 1 guy i would ever employ to do my car other than me "paul dalton" miracledetail.co.uk

have you thought about phoning renault and ask them not to
deliver till april nxt year and that will save you much wonga
DONT:shout: lol