Naturally aspirated - upgrade options.

Initially it will be, only difference being you will hit your brick wall later. But depending how far you go, you still need forged internals, bigger turbo, fuel system etc etc it goes on. So in the end they are both roughly the same costs. There both different and ultimately it depends how u want the car to deliver its power, the noise to 8k is addictive tho! Pros and cons to both really, but neither are disappointing.

Don't ok where your getting 4k from with someone else doing it. Mine would be 5.5k for 260/70 drive in drive out. K tecs is 240ish but I suspect they are using a smaller charger than mine. Charger alone is £1700 ish, so if u fit and install the unit and ecu yourself all u will need is to get it mapped. That's the unknown cost as no one has done it.
So they're similar power with a price range of +-1-1.5K? Have you got any videos of yours online?

So they're similar power with a price range of +-1-1.5K? Have you got any videos of yours online?

Pretty much yeah, but u will get more tourque in the meg engine but like I said before it depends what u want. No mate I don't.

As far as I know there will be a plug in ecu with all can bus system working so ur dash etc is ok just like the gen90 for the 182 for the 197/200 very soon

Itbs are great and u will get a lot of power at all Rpms over stock, but the car won't be any were ner as nice to drive day to day

Hears my dyno graph from my 182 u can see there is a nice spread of torque

yty5aba9.jpg

Mikes car is epic but the cost for Joe public to build the same spec is big big bucks!!! I think it's the best conversion to stay close to the Clio character but can't see you getting any change on of 10k....

This.

If I wanted to do anything major, it would be this.

At what cost for what BHP though? Surely the R26 with LSD conversion is cheaper?

If you want Mikes level of Supercharged power then be prepared to shell out at least £10K

4K for 240Hp iirc? for the supercharged conversion. thats if you pay someone to do it though.

4K plus VAT from you know who and a Meg 'ed Clio will still have 100lb torque extra. Plus if you want more ponies the Meg just needs a remap, the Clio needs forging.

Also, people must remember, there has only been 1 itb and 2 sc 197 for a reason. There have now been about 10 meg conversions that I know of, and mines been in my car for over a year now, jonesy even longer. The itb on the Clio 197 is around 8 grand to work probably.

10 grand meg conversion would build you one of the fastest Clio or Meg in the country!!! You would be looking at 450bhp+

If you want Mikes level of Supercharged power then be prepared to shell out at least £10K

4K plus VAT from you know who and a Meg 'ed Clio will still have 100lb torque extra. Plus if you want more ponies the Meg just needs a remap, the Clio needs forging.

see ive emailed a host of people who I want to throw the money at to do it, and I either get, ive got to get the parts myself, then they wont tell me exactly what, or no reply! boo :worried:

10 grand meg conversion would build you one of the fastest Clio or Meg in the country!!! You would be looking at 450bhp+

You'd be looking at that in mine with head work and if I went for a bigger charger, cost cutter right there if u no the spec u want. That's what I mean when I say in the end (depending if u no where to stop lol) they are gonna be very similar prices. But if u want quick cheap power meg conversion with R26 box is the best bet. I agree with u tho that SC and ESPECIALLY itb's u have to be committed. Itb's although I love them are just a waste and wrong for this car in terms of money. 225bhp for the best park of 8-10k???? F*ck off lol!!!

There's a tasty 393bhp meg engined one on Instagram. Cant remember if he is on here or not.

What's his username Lee..

Shakyhandmans Clio is 393bhp but that's a Clio engine he's forged and turbo'd. Total one off car and most probably another £10K+ build.

Ah that must be his. Just assumed it was meg'd seeing as the extra work the clio lump requires to put out high figures!

Also, people must remember, there has only been 1 itb and 2 sc 197 for a reason. There have now been about 10 meg conversions that I know of, and mines been in my car for over a year now, jonesy even longer. The itb on the Clio 197 is around 8 grand to work probably.

That sounds abit of a ott figure dude I would say ktr will be selling the gen90 to fit it soon for around 1000-1200 pounds and I'm sure a itb kit could be got for a lot less then 2k might as well add in some cams so ur talking 4k if u do the most of it your self

Gen 90 doesnt fully work with the 197, ktec have been working on it for sometime, ben r was the only one that managed itbs on a 197, and it cost him close to £8k in cost.

Gen 90 doesnt fully work with the 197, ktec have been working on it for sometime, ben r was the only one that managed itbs on a 197, and it cost him close to £8k in cost.

It will work that's what I'm saying it will just take time to get the can bus programming done , 8k is silly money it can be done a lot cheaper then that even with out a plug in ecu , are u sure that would it including a high comp engine

That's not a bad price tbh, without reading it. I'm guessing that's fully fitted?