My Ultra Red 197 - Update - Trackday Photos

Yea, was over the moon with how they turned out! Just a shame I didn't use a solvent proof lacquer and the tar remover damaged the lacquer on one. And then when it had a brake fluid change at the next service the lacquer was damaged a little bit more.

They're still ok but will probably get a repaint at some time, this was done nearly a year ago.

Done a few little bits recently:

New windscreen wipers
LED Numberplate bulbs

And I've just placed an order for some eibach springs which will be here on Thursday, will be doing the rear ones myself but may take it down to Mark Fish to do the fronts, not sure I fancy them having read all the horror stories!

I think they're 20mm front and 25mm rear, should make a massive difference on my FF suspension. Hoping the ride quality will be pretty similar to standard too, seems eibach normally get it right

Done a few bits on the clio over the last few weeks.

Firstly some bolt on exhaust tips, proper T304 stainless steel with 64mm opening and 3" outlet. These are seriously good quality tips and would definitely recommend them to anyone:
5fef6d59.jpg
6f5f4a11.jpg

Then I got some eibachs to fit, did the rear ones no problem (This takes about 15 mins!) and it sat like this straight after (Settled a bit further now):
29efdf3e.jpg

Then I went to do the fronts but broke a tool so off to halfords for a replacement but being a numpty left my locking wheel nut tool on the bolt and drove off! Didn't manage to find it so have waited the last week or so for a replacement to arrive from Germany. Thats now here and I'll have a stab at fitting the fronts tomorrow.

General arse shot with exhaust tips and eibachs.
8f71530f.jpg

Then today I went to get the discs skimmed in preparation for the DS2500 pads. I got these as the carbone lorraines squealed a bit, not a problem in winter but didn't like it when I had the window down in the hot weather!
88bfc683.jpg
Pads:
866d2a4f.jpg

Hopefully another update tomorrow if I manage to get the springs finished!

Tips look awesome mate. Rear is sitting nicer now too! The lowering bug is one that is hard to shake once its wormed its way into your mind.......there are more and more falling victim to it now!

Ive got it very bad.

Tips came from MIJ exhausts, they had them listed on ebay and their site but they're not listed on either at the moment. Cost was about £17 each I think so not cheap but they are top quality. If you wanted to email them to see if they can get more in then their reference for the tips was MIJ-R/T-3" which is also called Round Exhaust Tail Pipe Sports Universal 3"

Cheers for the other comments fellas!

Front eibach springs fitted today, what a bitch of a job! Took me about 8 hours on my own, difficult job anyway but coupled with more than my fair share of sized bolts made it hell! I had a quick drive with the springs and so far, so good! Normal ride quality seems unaffected, pot holes are harsher but I avoid them anyway!

Sits so much better now, I'll get some photos tomorrow hopefully :smile:

Also, new bosch wipers. Connectors are much bigger than the standard fit valeo ones:
688edf8a.jpg

Seem to work well though

Some photos with the eibachs fitted, sorry she's not gleaming! Not been washed in the last week.

a2728a25.jpg
9961cd40.jpg
341d9d3e.jpg
0b35cc1b.jpg
f0990f76.jpg

The ride height is exactly what I wanted and I think it looks fantastic. The handling is definitely sharpened up too and gives a lot more confidence in the corners compared to the FF springs. Ride is fractionly harsher, almost unnoticeable though! The clio should have had eibachs from the factory.

Cheers fellas!

I'll get some more photos of the tips for those interested, they fit perfectly, couldn't have been a better fit even if they were designed for the 197!

I think you are right mate, should have been like that from the start, looks perfect! How much are they?....................................