My Ultra Red 197 - Update - Trackday Photos

any ideas on the side bullets, i have tried to remove them but no joy as of yet, ?
I heard that if you pop the indicator lens out the bullets slide back but I've not tried it

Cheers guys, anthracite alloys are probably next on the list.

Great car Ben, i think we have a very similar spec with the sunroof.

So what wheels are you thinking of getting or just getting your repainted?

I would love some ultralegerras or turinis but will probably just refurb the raiders, the cheapest option!

looking good ben :smile:

Your garage look very tight, how did you get out? lol

Lol, yea it's really tight. I normally drive in forwards and go close against the wall on the passenger side but when its in backwars like that I have to get out of the passenger side!! Got a load of foam up on the wall on the right hand side to protect the door when I open it

Fantastic ben i wish id done a thread like this.

Cheers woody, still time for you to do a thread like this :wink:

To remove bullets you need to remove the bump strip. To do this you need to open the door, lock near the door lock, bit further down you will see a small grommet. Take this out, there is a Torx 20 that screws through to the bump strip. Remove that (be super careful not to drop it into the door - like me!) Once removed push the strip towards the rear of the car. Once off you can remove the bullets without breaking all the clips trying to prise them out :wink:

Fresh plates from No1ShowPlates:
photo13.jpg
photo14.jpg

Gold membership badges:
photo15.jpg

Overall shot:
photo16.jpg

Also touched up a few chips along the door strips and ordered some LEDs for the rear numberplate, should be here tomorrow

It's pretty good, I haven't tried any other aftermarket HID kits but I can't see how they could be much better

To get HIDs you need the projector style headlights which take H1 bulbs. If you put HIDs in the reflector headlights which take H7 you'll get a really bad beam pattern which blinds other drivers and won't pass an MOT.

I don't have any photos of the kit but it looks like most other HID kits you'll find photos of

Car looks lovely mate! Love the red! :smile: and those carbon badges look sweet too! May have to invest in some of those myself! :smile:

I have a 200 with projector headlights and want to get HID's, do you need to change any wiring or install a kit of some kind? Or is it just a change of bulb?

Thanks

Cheers Nick, to install the HIDs you need to buy a HID kit, this comes with bulbs and ballasts (Transformers).

Installation is fairly straight forward, put the new bulbs in and instead of connecting to the car's wiring loom you plug the ballast in between the bulb and loom, then secure the ballast somewhere safe. Only thing worth mentioning is that you need to drill a fairly big hole in the plastic cover on the back of the headlight to allow the ballast wires to be passed through.

Found some more photos on my old phone

The clio next to my old car (Fiesta Zetec-S)
DSC00126.jpg

One of the first mods, silvatec indicator bulbs all round

Rear before
DSC00156.jpg

After
DSC00157.jpg

Xenons and projector headlights
DSC00190.jpg

Painting the brakes with VHT primer, colour and lacquer. Note hot air gun used to speed up the drying between coats (2nd photo)
DSC00194.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

Finished with polished bolts and retaining clip/pins:
DSC00197.jpg
DSC00199.jpg

Fantastic job on the calipers where did you buy your paint from gonna do mine next time it's decent weather also was it out a rattle can because they look perfect!

Cheers, I did them using rattle cans in my garage. Paints I used were VHT Primer filler (light grey), I bought from ebay but doesn't seem to be there anymore but can get it here http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=41&products_id=7305

Then the red paint was this, only needed 1 can though: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-500-ML-SI..._Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item3a5473a664

Lacquer I can't find in my ebay history but it was a VHT one again. I wouldn't recommend it though, I sprayed tar remover on it and the paint started disolving! Try and find a solvent proof VHT lacquer. One thing I would mention with the red paint it apply very very thin coats, normally I find you can apply a medium weight coat but with this paint it just cracked all over when drying, seriously cannot stress the need for light coats enough :smile: