My new engine work!!!!!

Ok, thanks for the info.

What's up with all the "!!!" :huh:
You sound upset or something ?
I just wanted to know what your car produced stock that's all.
Anyway, I'm curious to see your results after the mods to come.

It's true what you say, every dyno reads a bit different so to measure the gains, it's best to use the same one.

Kind regards

Der Abt

Ha no mate, not upset in the slightest! I use "!!!" far too much, it bugs me so I try not to lol!!

knew it!!!

Thats why ive never bothered with a remap, waste of £££!!

Anyway, this sounds awesome, so will this ecu just plug and play or is it proper aftermarket stuff (like omex etc)

Gaz

good stuff kev - will be a monster :thumbup:

as for re-maps - lets just say they dont all go back to normal :closedeyes:

knew it!!!

Thats why ive never bothered with a remap, waste of £££!!

Anyway, this sounds awesome, so will this ecu just plug and play or is it proper aftermarket stuff (like omex etc)

Gaz
Ta matey, Its full aftermarket, makes Omex look like the oudated software that it is!!

good stuff kev - will be a monster :thumbup:

as for re-maps - lets just say they dont all go back to normal :closedeyes:

Seems some dont mate, I dunno, must be pot luck!

Remaps are gash. Ok, if your going to chuck serious money at modding then fine, you will get results. Kevs car is a hooligan even when its running like a bag of spanners!

Go to a mod shop with a few hundred dabs in your pocket and ask for a map then you are wasting your time and money imo.

Id much rather spend that dosh on brakes and or tyres.

Exactly, RS tuning want near £400 for a remap. How pissed would you be if it reverted back lol!, thats 4 conti's nearly

Mine from rs-tuning does not seem to have gone back to stock. I am (after reading this thread) definitely going to do before and after dyno runs to be sure.

I did email Paul (RS-tuning) about this after which he advised of not having had any experience with losing maps.

Mine from rs-tuning does not seem to have gone back to stock. I am (after reading this thread) definitely going to do before and after dyno runs to be sure.

I did email Paul (RS-tuning) about this after which he advised of not having had any experience with losing maps.

Mine isnt a STD car tho mate, may be due to the cams etc... But its deffo not right!

Depends on the rollers its tested on!! Its read near 220 on others!! You have to look at the increase TBH not the horsepower!! Only way to compare cars is on the same rollers!

It was 184 stock!

That's right - the best way to know your gains is to measure your car before & after the mod and on the same rollers. Then just look at the difference because different rollers have different setups.

My STOCK 197 vs my 197 with Miltek system, K&N panel filter & remap

1.gif

:lol: I probably have about dozen of my dyno pics on this web. :lol:

The red bolded line is my 197 now, and the tiny red line is 197 STOCK.

You can see the current data, mine 197 now has 190bhp.

And here is my 197 STOCK data:

Clio197-Rene-MjerenjeuCVH.gif

My car kept its Remap, it actually adapted to the cams more and managed to find an extra 4bhp once it left the tuners.

I can only imagine it has to do with your Induction setup kevo?

I'm very interested in this new throttle body application, hopefully you'll see some good results and a few of us can follow your lead. Keep us posted.

My car kept its Remap, it actually adapted to the cams more and managed to find an extra 4bhp once it left the tuners.

I can only imagine it has to do with your Induction setup kevo?

I'm very interested in this new throttle body application, hopefully you'll see some good results and a few of us can follow your lead. Keep us posted.

Do you have any dyno results?