My ly f1 progress

I attended the rs tuning rolling road the other week and while the car made 185.9 bhp the afr was all over it's going to rs tuning for a live remap tomorrow . I've also fitted some carbon Lorraine pads and there awesome .

Alcantara from eBay cheap as its left over from a large job and stuck down with contact adehisive .i had to pull off a backing of the alcantara so it would stretch enough around curved components . Any glue I got on the front a small bit of tardis removed it.

Any idea on how many sq m would one use for the center console the top radio display and the A pillars?

any increase in torque or HP because of the new manifold?
Hp went from 185.9 to 198.5 and toque from 148 to 159nm but I had this done July it was 32 degrees at Paul's he said it would break 200+ in normal weather there was a increase of toque all way from tick over to max throttle of aprox 10 nm and hp midrange from 3000 to 5500 of around 15 hp.a lot of this is due to Paul's remap more than the manifold I suspect

Today I fitted new anti rotation link to ns as the boot was split also fitted my winter tyres. I decided to change engine oil and filter (genuine stuff) and new gearbox oil only 1 litre of old oil came out 2 litres went in renault build quality lol. I then fitted silvervisions and a set of ultimate hids4 u checked beam pattern etc all perfect which is good.
I need to remove some of the alcantara a try a better glue some parts lifted in the heat of summer.

Manifold looks really good mate, especially when you compare it to the OEM item. Any engine mods planned?

Hi mate,

what does the car sound like with the Decat noticeable difference? Also sorry I am on my phone so is this the only performance mod you have?

Just had the heater fault it was just loose pins on the multiplug behind the glovebox bent them slightly to make a permanent contact and put some contact grease on seems to have cured it thankfully the pins hadn't arc'd.

On the test drive revealed a slight knock under harsh 1st gear acceleration traced it to manifold touching subframe due to mounts being weak. Going to order some more just not sure do i go for the full rattle your teeth out jobbie's or more genuine renault that only last 35 thousand miles and knacker your manifold. I do think if your mount's are in good fettle the toyosport manifold will fit perfectly.

Im still going to get the old manifold repaired and keep it as a spare as i think there isn't enough flex in the exhaust system. Hopefully where the flexi is on the toyosport manifold being horizontal and not at a 45 degree angle. It will let it compress in a more natural and even manor rather than opening up one side of the flexi more than the other.

How bad was the rattle? was it bare able, or are new engine mount essential? and also, how is it now, holding up ok? only the price is making me question the quality

Last edited: