My 200 found on you tube driving by renault/ 5th gear

OMG just watched the vid, Jason Plato has driven your car, the blokes the current BTCC champion, that's mint IMO

its a bit like my 197 its only done 22500m......but when it comes out to play its played hard :001_rolleyes:

worst thing for me on ex-press car would be the clutch as that WILL have had abuse....but may have been changed before sale..

Just looking into the OP and there is no mention of the fact that the he wants rid of the car, more a question of whether the vid should be shown if the dealer were to refuse the warranty work he is planning to have carried out. I know I have said it earlier in the thread but I cannot see what the issue is that the car has been driven how it was designed, it is not like we all drive around at 35mph. I can think of several cars from this forum that have had much harder lives than this particular car will have had, but I remain confident that these would be sold on without any mention of their former life (Kevos old car is a prime example).

I would just enjoy it until it breaks (if it ever does) and then give it to Renault to put right. No sense in worrying about 'if, but and maybe'...

:smile:

I'm a little worried now. My 197 was a Renault car and was a HN reg too. But it is a ff with only 2 optiins, so should be ok! Lol! The reg HN is from near the port that the cars come in at. The r26r on top gear must have been next in line from mine as the last letter on the plate is the only one different to what mine is/was. I think its the last letter, might be the middle one of the last three!

A dont really want to get rid of the car cause a like it lol but its worth a try to see what they say and what a can get out of them

A dont really want to get rid of the car cause a like it lol but its worth a try to see what they say and what a can get out of them

I wouldn't bother, if you like the car just enjoy it, whats the point in kicking up a fuss and causing yourself the stress .. enjoy the car !! 8)

A want to enjoy the car cause a really like it but its been in the garage about 5 times since owning it for a month lol not had much luck way it lol

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Its a Hot Hatch. Thats what they're designed to have done to them.

Well not exactly, they are normal road use cars, so the gear boxes on these tend to go allot quicker when driven like it is in the Video.
I know this, I'm on my 2nd gear box :smile:
Ive also had this mentioned to me by the dealer stipulating...IT IS NOT A RACE CAR.

What I'm saying is, the gear boxes do need to be given some care, and not thrashed for most of the miles that it has done. Yes enjoy the car, but the gear boxes are more fragile than we think.

The way I see it. If you like the car and intend to keep it, albeit with its history, then personally I would extend the warranty via Renault to the full five years in order to obtain peace of mind.

It may well be worth a phone call to RUK to negotiate a discount on a warranty given its history.

That said, in ten years time a car with this type of history will be worth more to the club/enthusiast scene than a regular random car and for that reason I would personally keep it.

For those that have had some confusion about my mentioning of Trading Standards:

I don't mean trying to reject it solely on the grounds of it being a ex-press car, you'd be p***ing in the wind right there.

By the sounds of it the dealer is refusing to acknowledge x-problems, this is where you need TS to step in and assist with the warranty claim... He's been there and back how many times now? Why sit in the dealer wasting your time arguing when these people can do it for you with a LOT more clout.

But, if the car is genuinely knackered to the point of being a constant pain in his arse, then it isn't fit for purpose and needs rejecting as a lemon. He doesn't want to be owning a car for eg 2 years that spends 1 year in the dealers having parts replaced and paying RS200 money to run around in a 1.0 courtesy shed.

See what I mean?

Lets face it, everyone has the ability to abuse a car, not just the motoring press. It's no worse than my car is going to be when I hand that back in 2 years time and I doubt the dealer will be be very forthcoming with its history either.

The way I see it. If you like the car and intend to keep it, albeit with its history, then personally I would extend the warranty via Renault to the full five years in order to obtain peace of mind.

It may well be worth a phone call to RUK to negotiate a discount on a warranty given its history.

That said, in ten years time a car with this type of history will be worth more to the club/enthusiast scene than a regular random car and for that reason I would personally keep it.

Thats a really good shout actually. Speak to RUK andsee if they will offer an extension of the manufacturers warranty (Not some mickey mouse RAC job) as a gesture of good will. MEntion you're on a large Clio forum too and its giving them bad press! lol.

Its no different to doing a couple of tracks days imo, Im sure there are several Clio's on here that have had a harder life

Took the car to arnold clark gear box and seals are gettin fixed and brakes and that will be gettin checked over same with clutch to the manger also sayed a wont be payin For anything if theres a problem with the car and if there keeps being problems with it they will refund the money for is