My 200 found on you tube driving by renault/ 5th gear

A few years ago I sold a Racing blue 182 to a guy when I worked for Renault.

two weeks later he came in proper angry and showed us a video of it on top gear with the stig smashing it round the topgear test track! lol.

We then duly refunded him. lol.

id be giving the car back that car would have been hammered from day one . from cold, by diffrent people .

Not good id go in there give the thing back .

whilst i agree with what you have put...some "normal" owners are terrible drivers and dont have any mechanical sympathy :sleep:

Dont no if a should just give it back or ask for new tyres,brakes n say a them if anything goes wrong n its not covered by the warrenty they pay for it what would yous say is better a do?

Id say from a 'retail' point of view, you wouldnt have a leg to stand on. The car 'as purchased' is fit for use. I cant see the history of it is taken into account when selling it. Condition, age and mileage makes up their price, all of which you had agreed on when purchasing.

Im not taking their side one bit, Id be livid, I just cant see how you could have any comeback. But then again I could be totally wrong, and it's well worth causing a fuss over, more so if you arent happy with the car.

But I wouldn't be worried about the engine or running gear. It'll have been very well looked after as Renault would have wanted the press to see the car in its best light.
I wouldn't be so sure. Fella I know worked for a well known manufacturer. For press cars, which they knew would cover very little miles, they used the thinnest box oil possible to eek out a few extra bhp atw.

I wouldn't be happy, but I doubt they are obliged to help.

Just say them your going to the papers and that n they start to flap my pal done it with his engine in his vxr and they gave him a new one thing they would rather pay out a couple a thousand than lose alot more money way people stop going a them

just go all out, walk in to the dealership, throw the keys at them and demand a refund!!!

if they refuse torcher them like something off of saw. that should st least get you some free mats!!!

Cant say I would to happy, look like its been driving hard from cold.

Second video, watch from 38 seconds and you can hear the guy bouncing it on the limiter :001_rolleyes:

Cant be good for the car.

I think you need to be realistic here, if you can prove the car isn't fit for purpose because of it's history then this is totally different to throwing your toys out the pram because your car is being ragged around the track on youtube. What exactly is the problem with the car and can you prove this is caused by it's history?

What did they tell you when you asked the history of the car?

Told me nothing about the car gear box isnt working some time you cant put it in to 1st reverse second gear makes a clunking noise 3rd gear crunches all the time hand brake nearly touching the roof it was that high tyres 4mm all round except one at 2mm door seals burst car not been looked after n the videos show been drivin hard been reved hard when cold to.tyres 4mm at the back same has front handbrake high tells you its had the arse ripped out of it way them ripping the hand brake up n that

just watched the vids, i were on my iphone earlier.

good god it has had some abuse hasnt it lol!!!

i wouldnt want to spend £12k on a car to find that it had been abused like that.

i would be livid tbh

Did you not look at the brakes and tires when you bought it?

They should have told you it was ex-RUK press car but i cannot see them putting new tires on it etc. as you bought it like it.

A did and took it back to them sayed nothing was wrong with tyres when there was took it back to them again and one of the tyres was 2mm theres a few things wrong with the car its to go in to the garage tomorrow

Did you not look at the brakes and tires when you bought it?

They should have told you it was ex-RUK press car but i cannot see them putting new tires on it etc. as you bought it like it.

According to another forum this is common practice. Apparently the VXR day Vauxhalls end up on a forecourt somewhere after the event. Whether they have any obligation to tell you, I'm not sure.

Surely though all of the issues listed could have been checked when you bought the car? I'm not really sure why the tyres are of significance, all tyres wear especially on a car that has travelled 16k miles.

Not sure how far you will get with this one, depends how far you are prepared to take it....

well they cant get out of not putting a new gearbox in it can they....you have the evidence it wasnt you that abused it

oh and get then to put a new clutch in it as a good will gesture as well - just think of all the standing starts it has done :001_rolleyes:

well they cant get out of not putting a new gearbox in it can they....you have the evidence it wasnt you that abused it

oh and get then to put a new clutch in it as a good will gesture as well - just think of all the standing starts it has done :001_rolleyes:

Agree there, the gearbox shouldn't have 'been looked at twice' it should have been replaced first time imo.

Though I doubt they'll give you new tyres.

If they're not to pleased to see you or help you give RUK a phone and explain everything.

Are you the second or third owner? 16,500 miles is a lot for most press cars.

I am sure they way they (and most, if not all manufacturers) will have packaged it up is that it was a "management car", which basically means that the manufacturer was the first name on the log book. The cars would typically be sold through the manufacturers approved used scheme, or through auctions if the condition wasn't good enough for approved used. In either case the supplying dealer wouldn't necessarily have had any idea that it was a press car, from their point of view it was much more likely to have been a finance rep, etc - which most of the stuff they sell, bread and butter stuff, probably would be.

You need to ring Renault UK to tell them too...they have to declare the history to you.

At least you can prove it too lol!