Loose bolt holding the steering colum

Em 8023

Gold Member
So there's been this creaking sound from my steering wheel and felt loose for a while , started to hate driving as I didn't feel to safe steering it while driving so I finely stoped at the garage today after work , the bolt holding the steering wheel in place under the carpet by the foot pedals was really loose how did that come so loose ? Is that a normal thing to happen and is it something I should of been aware of and checking every now and then ? Never had that happen in all the 17 years of owning a car . They tightened it up and now it feels great I can't believe it . Wish I'd of know about that sooner lol

I've heard of it before on the forum, so you aren't the only one to have suffered with it :smile: it is an unusual little thing, but thankfully it's an easy fix. I've never had it happen to me and my car is over 80k miles, so I can't see it being something to happen all the time and needing regular checking :smile:

While they were checking the suspension looking for the problem before they found the the loose bolt they also said the iner cv gaiter is on its way out and that I'll probably need to replace it soon as well as the drive shaft maybe , anyone know roughly how much that's going to cost me ? It's just one expense after the next with this car getting fed up of it now really :worried:
Where's the best place to buy parts for these cars ?

They do have a knack of throwing things up one after the other do these cars, I've had the same experience! Good fun when they're working though :smiley:

Renault Wolverhampton are the official forum parts supplier. Give them a try. They can be contacted through Facebook, or you can get contact details here Mention that you're a member on the forum and they will give a discount.