L33th3tr33's Ultra red 197

my Oz's are definitely lighter than my raiders...never weighed them but you can feel it..

Well I guess I'll be keeping an eye out for some ultras then, unless I can get some exact weights of braids, rotas or td 1.2's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well I guess I'll be keeping an eye out for some ultras then, unless I can get some exact weights of braids, rotas or td 1.2's

just so you know,they are a pain to clean!!and i mean it..

I’ve bought some C5 on Mes’ recommendation so will report back!
i applied this last september so its been on for over a year..not a bad product but the wheels get dirty regardless..i have not got access to a tap so i could jet wash mine often and paying £3 everytime i want to clean my wheels seems like wasting my money..
it does make cleaning them more bearable...

i applied this last september so its been on for over a year..not a bad product but the wheels get dirty regardless..i have not got access to a tap so i could jet wash mine often and paying £3 everytime i want to clean my wheels seems like wasting my money..
it does make cleaning them more bearable...

Fair play!! :smiley:

just so you know,they are a pain to clean!!and i mean it..

I'm sure they are, which is why I'd rather get something a bit more simple! I hate cleaning wheels...

Not many wheels that aren’t lol. Think ozs are worth the effort though!

Well actually..... the ones I had on my 36 were a dream to clean!

ce52eeb12503b59d7145e7bcf742836e.jpg
983ea3c7c1e0ba0004af60d1078d2d47.jpg
479e669e8d1eca5636b515dea8b797b8.jpg

Aluett turbos. Think they were one of a few sets left out there!

i have one of my braids replaced next monday. i'll ask if they have a 'weight chart' or something.
mine are 7X17, i guess you're looking for 8X17?
More than likely, yes. Regardless if you could get me a weight on both that would be superb!

Right so being 6ft and having buckets I needed to have them as far back as possible so my legs are nice and level or I get a nice ache in my knee. While that's not a problem, my arms aren't 4ft long so steering wheel reach was a problem, but going back to my 172 days I knew it was a simple fix, or it was in the 172 at least.

a54e8a6e146981f07af6977455f7b9d9.jpg

Cue the stripping of panels.... nice and easy! The only thing that got in my way which I nearly ripped off in a massive rage was the stupid bit of cloth attached to the top steering cowl. While it unclips from it, it was just in the way the whole time making life a misery.

daece0d92eba458bc007a1724b80eedd.jpg
The aim here is to insert some washers in the gap, but obviously that's not going to happen with the retaining part there so I bent that out so I was able to drop the whole lot .

After a short break and a cuppa I cracked on, undone the front two bolts for the steering column to find there was two more hiding behind, so I cracked them off and wound them out to the last few threads, gave the lot a good tug and it dropped down nicely.

It's a bit tricky but doable on your own, I've had to get quite creative while doing my own work on my lonesome in the past but I've always got there in the end.

So washers in, all back together and the steering wheel is lower by a good few inches from about 25mm of spacers.

feb77a29b84dd0e4842b4b80f55eb936.jpg

Now I'm 100% comfortable with plenty of reach to the top of the wheel.

I also have a few bits in the post, some audio related and some bits to tidy up the interior. Everything should be here and fitted by the end of the week.

^^^^ Top marks for ingenuity and creativity ! Looks like a huge difference.

Nice work that man :smile:
Thanks mate, It's not even at its lowest point there either, so more room to go down if need be. It's definitely a must if you have buckets IMO, I can actually see where I'm going now.

Right so being 6ft and having buckets I needed to have them as far back as possible so my legs are nice and level or I get a nice ache in my knee. While that's not a problem, my arms aren't 4ft long so steering wheel reach was a problem, but going back to my 172 days I knew it was a simple fix, or it was in the 172 at least.

View attachment 115046

Cue the stripping of panels.... nice and easy! The only thing that got in my way which I nearly ripped off in a massive rage was the stupid bit of cloth attached to the top steering cowl. While it unclips from it, it was just in the way the whole time making life a misery.

View attachment 115047
The aim here is to insert some washers in the gap, but obviously that's not going to happen with the retaining part there so I bent that out so I was able to drop the whole lot .

After a short break and a cuppa I cracked on, undone the front two bolts for the steering column to find there was two more hiding behind, so I cracked them off and wound them out to the last few threads, gave the lot a good tug and it dropped down nicely.

It's a bit tricky but doable on your own, I've had to get quite creative while doing my own work on my lonesome in the past but I've always got there in the end.

So washers in, all back together and the steering wheel is lower by a good few inches from about 25mm of spacers.

View attachment 115048

Now I'm 100% comfortable with plenty of reach to the top of the wheel.

I also have a few bits in the post, some audio related and some bits to tidy up the interior. Everything should be here and fitted by the end of the week.

Always something good going on in this thread. Great effort.

Reactions: Pav
now she is definitely track ready :track:

you should offer some proper diy on here,charge a cuppa maybe :sweatsmile:

Always something good going on in this thread. Great effort.
Thanks, I do my best trying to keep up with you guys!
now she is definitely track ready :track:

you should offer some proper diy on here,charge a cuppa maybe :sweatsmile:
Now that's not a bad shout, discounted rates to TBD members, naturally. :tearsofjoy:
Once I've got my hgv test out of the way and I've topped my savings back up I'll be adding a few more track orientated bits to it, at the minute it's getting it up to a decent standard while the weather is crap, so no more silly spending sprees for a while. (says the guy looking at wheels)

the thing is that there are always new upgrades to spend you hard earned cash on..hope you get it where you want it to be and then we can arrange a track day with more members from here..