L33th3tr33's Ultra red 197

what a cracking looking motor..i would be a very proud owner if i were you...good job..really like it mate :thumb:

Very very nice indeed Lee.

Car sits REALLY well. And those OEM rims really suit it. Sometimes I miss ours.

Massive seat upgrade too. Looks like a right PITA but I'm sure it was totally worth it in the end!

Thanks, I'm going to keep them for the minute but I really want some light wheels, I found a set of 15's that come in at just 3.4kg and forged!!
That would be the sort of thing to make me change wheels.
Definitely worth the hassle though.

Not sure about those (pardon my ignorance/old age) emoji things on the fogs?

They're the awesome face, it's an old school meme that me and my mate joke about all the time.

No need for the thinly veiled 'excuse' / get out clause bud. It looks GREAT ! Should have had more conviction of your vision :sunglasses:

Interior you say. I have a feeling you're going for rear-bench-out, a half cage or brace bar, one of those longer boot carpets = ClubSport look.

Tell me i'm wrong.....

Not wrong, but too late [emoji6]
Rear bench is already out! Looking for a carpet of some sort, if I can find one.
Not sure on a cage just yet, it's a lot of weight to put back into the car after I've just got rid of it. I know it's safety at the end of the day but I'm trying to get as much acceleration out of it as possible.
I won't be getting a strut brace as they don't do anything imo and that's just added weight.

what a cracking looking motor..i would be a very proud owner if i were you...good job..really like it mate :thumb:

Thanks pav, I guess it's good that the swirls and chips don't show on camera! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Love it - @Benno996 some inspiration for you UR boys...

This is absolute GOALS. Such a tidy example @l33th3tr33 you should be proud mate! I'm still unsure of full buckets, however I've never really sat in or driven a car with them in so can't judge too much. Personally I would have to have the carpet ready to go in the back in the event my rear bench came out, not a fan of all the metal.

I don't want to sound like I'm judging this too much because it really is spot on, kinda wish I kept my OEM alloys too now, even just to swap onto for winter or track days etc, they really suit the lowered stance!!

And one last shot after I left the car to come to costa, ignore the two girls I'm with and write this up. Priorities, right?

P.S. those two girls won't give you a thrill like the Clio will.............

Reactions: kevlar
you think they'll fit over the front calipers?
Unfortunately they're 4x100 so they're a no go, but if they go cheap I'll buy them anyway, as I'm going to be on the lookout for a phase 1 172 next year as a second toy.

This is absolute GOALS. Such a tidy example @l33th3tr33 you should be proud mate! I'm still unsure of full buckets, however I've never really sat in or driven a car with them in so can't judge too much. Personally I would have to have the carpet ready to go in the back in the event my rear bench came out, not a fan of all the metal.

I don't want to sound like I'm judging this too much because it really is spot on, kinda wish I kept my OEM alloys too now, even just to swap onto for winter or track days etc, they really suit the lowered stance!!

P.S. those two girls won't give you a thrill like the Clio will.............
Oh you'll love the feel of buckets, they literally transform the way a car drives, it's unreal!
I'm looking for a carpet now, don't worry....
No worries mate, I'm open to criticism, in fact I was sure everyone was going to moan that mine isn't an f1 so can't sport the decals [emoji23]

Looks banging mate!

Thanks Chris!

Thanks, I'm going to keep them for the minute but I really want some light wheels, I found a set of 15's that come in at just 3.4kg and forged!!
That would be the sort of thing to make me change wheels.
Definitely worth the hassle though.

3.4KG!!! Bloody hell!

Car would look a bit daft on 15s though I think mate. But, having put significantly lighter wheels on ours, my GOD it's so so worth it. Huge difference.

3.4KG!!! Bloody hell!

Car would look a bit daft on 15s though I think mate. But, having put significantly lighter wheels on ours, my GOD it's so so worth it. Huge difference.

Oh they wouldn't be for the 197 due to being 4x100. I'm after a phase 1 172 so they'll be for that, I can't even begin to imagine the difference they'd make! I'm struggling to find any properly light wheels that don't cost the earth for the 197, so it'll probably stay on the standard wheels. I might even be picking a second set up this week, but in black.

Oh they wouldn't be for the 197 due to being 4x100. I'm after a phase 1 172 so they'll be for that, I can't even begin to imagine the difference they'd make! I'm struggling to find any properly light wheels that don't cost the earth for the 197, so it'll probably stay on the standard wheels. I might even be picking a second set up this week, but in black.

Depends what you mean by cost the earth. I think the price we paid for ours was VERY good and so so worth it on looks alone, let alone the massive improvement we felt on the road.

However, like I said, I think the OEM rims look superb and really suit the car. Certainly no problem in the looks department, it's just that they're heavy.

Win win really.

Depends what you mean by cost the earth. I think the price we paid for ours was VERY good and so so worth it on looks alone, let alone the massive improvement we felt on the road.

However, like I said, I think the OEM rims look superb and really suit the car. Certainly no problem in the looks department, it's just that they're heavy.

Win win really.

Well I'm not really willing to drop a couple grand on a set of wheels, I'd rather find a 'hidden gem' set of wheels, like Japanese made or old school, but weight is the key thing that will make me pull the trigger.

Well I'm not really willing to drop a couple grand on a set of wheels, I'd rather find a 'hidden gem' set of wheels, like Japanese made or old school, but weight is the key thing that will make me pull the trigger.

For me, and especially as there are so few options for these cars, £1kish on Ultraleggera is by far the best bet.

7.7kg, 2.5kg saving per corner. Look bloody amazing. Fit perfectly with no need for spacers...

Reactions: Pav
For me, and especially as there are so few options for these cars, £1kish on Ultraleggera is by far the best bet.

7.7kg, 2.5kg saving per corner. Look bloody amazing. Fit perfectly with no need for spacers...

Is it really that noticeable? I've been looking at wheels for ages and for essentially what's going to cost me a grand it really better be worth it.

amen,especially in the bronze colour as yours :thumb:

Is it really that noticeable? I've been looking at wheels for ages and for essentially what's going to cost me a grand it really better be worth it.

We also had some pretty high end suspension fitted at the same time so some of the effects would be from that too, but I'd say a definite yes mate. It felt SO much better. Plus it's not really a grand. Ours were £820 delivered if I remember correctly.

For me, it's worth it for the looks alone. Especially as they fit so well without spacers. But 10kg overall lost of unsprung and rotational mass has got to be a plus.

SO happy with ours.

Interesting reading through this didnt BENAG200 find that the oz's were heavier than the speedlines with the yoko's on - said the yoko's were heavy tyres?

Interesting reading through this didnt BENAG200 find that the oz's were heavier than the speedlines with the yoko's on - said the yoko's were heavy tyres?

Unless he'd filled his tyres with lead, I'm definite that's not true mate. I've had standard 197 wheels and Ultraleggera on the scales. There's quite a difference.

Some info from here:
Renault Sport 10,1Kg
Renault Speedline 10,1Kg
Renault Cup 9,1Kg
Renault Silverstone 10,7Kg
Platin 8x17 8,9Kg
Sparco Assetto Gara 7,5x17 8,6Kg
ATS GTR 8x17 8,5Kg
Motec TA-082 8,0x17 8,3Kg
Team Dynamics Race 7,5x17 8,1Kg
OZ Ultraleggera 8,0x17 7,74Kg
OZ Allergerita 8,0x17 6,98Kg

When I weighed them, the RS ones were slightly heavier and the Ultraleggera slightly lighter than quoted but it's close enough.

Unless he'd filled his tyres with lead, I'm definite that's not true mate. I've had standard 197 wheels and Ultraleggera on the scales. There's quite a difference.

Some info from here:
Renault Sport 10,1Kg
Renault Speedline 10,1Kg
Renault Cup 9,1Kg
Renault Silverstone 10,7Kg
Platin 8x17 8,9Kg
Sparco Assetto Gara 7,5x17 8,6Kg
ATS GTR 8x17 8,5Kg
Motec TA-082 8,0x17 8,3Kg
Team Dynamics Race 7,5x17 8,1Kg
OZ Ultraleggera 8,0x17 7,74Kg
OZ Allergerita 8,0x17 6,98Kg

When I weighed them, the RS ones were slightly heavier and the Ultraleggera slightly lighter than quoted but it's close enough.

Maybe he did fill them with lead...had to laugh to myself!