Jimmy's Deep Black R27 no.243 - Goodbye kid, it's been a blast.

happy days Jimmy..the new bracket looks much much better..
bet you cant wait to have your wheels done..know it's been bugging you for a while now..looking forward to seeing the results..
Great news on the wheel re-furb Jimmy. You soon got around to that (Large dose of sarcasm needs inserting here...... :smile: ) Exactly how long have you been getting ribbed (Chris particularly ?) about your rims....?

Bulbs: Damn. I talked that one up didnt i !

I bought pack of 10 - every interior one perfect to this date. I've been through 4 or 5 number-plate bulbs. As i had some left-over; i just replaced it again when they started flickering. But i do need something more permanent.

I'm SURE its to do with the fact these are somewhat open to the elements and outside. Can only be that............

Yeah the refurb has been a long time coming! I didn't help myself by talking about it being 'next on the list' for so long :smile: I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! I would have had it done this week, but it was too short notice to book in, especially because I have to leave the car with them. It ties in with my next week off now.

The LED bulb itself seemed fine, I wonder too if it's the connection or something like that... I noticed that the N/S holder seems a little slack securing the standard 501 bulb in place - it took a couple of goes to get it seated properly and actually lighting up. Odd one.

yeah i know how you feel..i will be careless for 2-4 weeks..
bike time is coming..hope it doesnt rain in Manchester for a couple of weeks :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jimmy
yeah was up to the same thing today..plus a quick wax..looks brill Jimmy..not long to have your wheels refurbed..

Seemed decent weather for it Pav! Yeah just over a month till I get the wheels done - I'll have a lot more motivation for cleaning them when they're in prime condition!

Tough to go against a freshly gleaming Black i'll be the first to admit.

Your becoming quite the clean-freak aren't you Jimmy :smile:

Tough to go against a freshly gleaming Black i'll be the first to admit.

Your becoming quite the clean-freak aren't you Jimmy :smile:
I always envy how good black looks after a clean! :tongueout:

Yeah I do love Black when it's freshly cleaned, but tends to look pretty nasty quickly this time of year :smile:

I've always enjoyed cleaning and having a clean car, just never really shared many photos in the past! Now I've got Shuv and Detailing Dale to compete with :grinning:

Reactions: Pav and Dystant
Car is crying out for projectors mate. Makes the headlights stand out so much less.

Noticed you have the graphics pack delete too.

Looks so good in black. If I was buying one I think I'd want a black one.

Car is crying out for projectors mate. Makes the headlights stand out so much less.

Noticed you have the graphics pack delete too.

Looks so good in black. If I was buying one I think I'd want a black one.

I'd never really thought about projectors to be honest Mes. Could be an option down the line - I see what you mean about the headlights standing out!

Yeah I'm pretty gutted about the graphics being missing. When I bought it, it didn't bother me so much, but knowing now how expensive they are and also how good they look....so much want!!

I'd never really thought about projectors to be honest Mes. Could be an option down the line - I see what you mean about the headlights standing out!

Yeah I'm pretty gutted about the graphics being missing. When I bought it, it didn't bother me so much, but knowing now how expensive they are and also how good they look....so much want!!

Yeah, only about a grand to sort :smiley:

Crazy huh? Although I actually think the graphics delete suits a black R27.

As for the projectors, it's a fairly affordable upgrade and makes such a big difference to the looks of the front end, especially on your colour.

As for the projectors, it's a fairly affordable upgrade and makes such a big difference to the looks of the front end, especially on your colour.

Yeah pretty ridiculous how much they cost to buy - given that they were free to begin with!! I can see why someone would want to spec it without, as they aren't to everyone's taste. Don't get me wrong - not having them doesn't spoil anything, it's more the cost to retro-fit should I ever change my mind!

Food for thought on the projectors then...:smile:

I know that the OEM ones are good quality - the fakes/copies on ebay aren't as good from what I've heard, so would look a bit cack alongside the originals...a real shame when there's such a difference in price!

How much are new projectors then ? Anyone know