Jimmy's Deep Black R27 no.243 - Goodbye kid, it's been a blast.

Yesterday I had a full day to myself after all the Xmas family shenanigans, so I cracked on with an exterior clean. Wash, clay (mitt), polish and wax. I was really happy with the results and I even overheard one of my neighbours making some nice comments :smiley:

Woke up this morning and the combination of the Collinite and ice gave some interesting results:

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

Just waiting for some extra bits off ebay so I can carry on with the interior clean, also some metal polish to tidy up the exhaust tips on the Scorpion! I'm also waiting on some LED bulbs for the interior too.

Wheel refurb is now going ahead in January when I next have some time off work :thumb:

WOW. Interesting finish that Jimmy !!!

Should have just lacquered over it. Would have been unique :smile: I presume you had buffed off the wax ?

Good to hear the interior bulbs are on order. Mine had these when i bought it. But having seen a couple with standard bulbs; it's a nice improvement without breaking the bank for sure......

You got somewhere lined up for a re-finish on the hoops ?

Reactions: Jimmy
:laughing::laughing::laughing: I may be Northern, but I did remember to buff it off :tonguewink: When I first saw it this morning, I did think if something was wrong....but defo buffed it :smiley: I've never seen it like that before - I can only assume that it started to freeze an hour or so after I'd finished, which could have caused it....?

Yeah it will be good to get the bulbs in. I had some in my Fiesta ZS and really liked it, and it wasn't until I noticed yours the other week that I realised what a worthwhile little mod it was.

There were a couple of options for the refurb, but the closest/cheapest need the wheels without tyres for a couple of days...no good for me when the car is a daily and I have no spare wheels. So it's likely to be Metal Magic in Barnsley (just down the M1). Unless another option comes up in the meantime.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I may be Northern, but I did remember to buff it off :tonguewink: When I first saw it this morning, I did think if something was wrong....but defo buffed it :smiley: I've never seen it like that before - I can only assume that it started to freeze an hour or so after I'd finished, which could have caused it....?

Yeah it will be good to get the bulbs in. I had some in my Fiesta ZS and really liked it, and it wasn't until I noticed yours the other week that I realised what a worthwhile little mod it was.

There were a couple of options for the refurb, but the closest/cheapest need the wheels without tyres for a couple of days...no good for me when the car is a daily and I have no spare wheels. So it's likely to be Metal Magic in Barnsley (just down the M1). Unless another option comes up in the meantime.

I didnt know if you'd run out of time !

I've had that before......or sometimes if im doing the whole polish, wax, sealant thing: i'll do all stages on one panel at a time - and finish it over a number of days - to save leaving anything 'half-done'.....

So do Metal Magic do a drive-in and drive-out same day service or similar Jimmy ?

I didnt know if you'd run out of time !

I've had that before......or sometimes if im doing the whole polish, wax, sealant thing: i'll do all stages on one panel at a time - and finish it over a number of days - to save leaving anything 'half-done'.....

So do Metal Magic do a drive-in and drive-out same day service or similar Jimmy ?

Yeah good point. Thankfully I had enough time to get everywhere done, I did take ages over it though and it was getting dark when I finished it. It did cross my mind that I'd missed something, but it was the same all over, so I'm guessing it was just the cold weather so soon after.

As far as I know they do offer a same day service, which would be ideal. It's too far from home to leave it with them overnight really. Once I know my exact week off I'll book in with them and discuss my options.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Probably the moisture in the air settled onto the car then froze.

Looking good Jimmy though and glad to hear your finally getting the wheels done!!!

First time i have come across your progress thread jimmy just read it from start to finish :smile: also love the first picture on page one .

Looking good Jimmy!

Let me know how you get on at metal magic, local to me and mine are way overdue a refurb!

Great frozen camouflage there Jimmy, you should patent that design!
Have you used Collinite before? I've only used it once by recommendation of a friend who does a bit of detailing on the side and I was well impressed with it.

Sounds like she got the full treatment Jimmy:grinning:

Are you staying with Antracite when you have your wheels refurbed?

Reactions: RSPez
First time i have come across your progress thread jimmy just read it from start to finish :smile: also love the first picture on page one .

Thanks very much, I appreciate that :smile: yeah it's one of my favourite photos!

Looking good Jimmy!

Let me know how you get on at metal magic, local to me and mine are way overdue a refurb!

Thanks Matt! I've heard good things about Metal Magic and they've been recommended by a couple of people. Shame they aren't a bit more local to me, but if they do a good job then I won't mind the travel.

Great frozen camouflage there Jimmy, you should patent that design!
Have you used Collinite before? I've only used it once by recommendation of a friend who does a bit of detailing on the side and I was well impressed with it.

Ha, thanks Micah! Wish I'd have blagged it now and said it was deliberate :tonguewink: I've used the Collinite a couple of times before, I bought it based on reviews and from what other people have said about it. I'm not a detailer by any stretch, but I think it's easy enough to use and it does give a nice finish. The paintwork is showing it's age (and mileage) up close, so it would benefit from a good machine polish at some point. She still scrubs up well though :hearteyes:

They pics sum up Christmas POTM. :thumb:

Not a bad idea Locke :wink:

Sounds like she got the full treatment Jimmy:grinning:

Are you staying with Antracite when you have your wheels refurbed?

Thanks Ben, yeah she really did need it, I'd left it too long really, I just had so little spare time in the run up to Xmas. Still the interior to do, including giving the Recaros a good clean with some AG shampoo that's on its way from ebay. They have covers on 90% of the time, but nice to look after them all the same. The carpets need a good hoover as well, ready for the Shuv FootplateTM

Yeah definitely sticking with Anthracite, I think the colour goes well with Deep Black, plus it's what the R27 comes with, so makes sense :smiley:

For reference - a couple of people pictured the same 'camo ice' finish on their cars on CSOC on facebook in the last few days.

Must be something in the Northern (?) air !!! :smile:

Looking forward to some nice pics of it after your festive fresh'n-up Jimmy !

Reactions: Micah and Jimmy
For reference - a couple of people pictured the same 'camo ice' finish on their cars on CSOC on facebook in the last few days.

Must be something in the Northern (?) air !!! :smile:

Looking forward to some nice pics of it after your festive fresh'n-up Jimmy !

Thanks Shuv, that's good to know that the 'camo ice' was down to the Northern atmospheric conditions, and not Northern cack-handedness :tonguewink:

Just been out for a little drive and when I got home I was straight out with the quick detailer...maybe the bug's bitten me :excited:

Thanks Shuv, that's good to know that the 'camo ice' was down to the Northern atmospheric conditions, and not Northern cack-handedness :tonguewink:

Just been out for a little drive and when I got home I was straight out with the quick detailer...maybe the bug's bitten me :excited:

HA HA HA - its called protecting your detailing 'investment' (Time and money) ! :smile:

Well done..some interesting patterns on your paintwork..is it freezing in Leeds?

Cheers dude. Yeah it has been the last couple of days. A lot milder today, but the morning I took those photos it was minus5! There was even a bit of ice on the interior of the windscreen!

I gave my can of de-icer to my neighbour who was really struggling with his windows....his response was 'How do you use this then mate??'

Reactions: DS197 and Pav
Cheers dude. Yeah it has been the last couple of days. A lot milder today, but the morning I took those photos it was minus5! There was even a bit of ice on the interior of the windscreen!

I gave my can of de-icer to my neighbour who was really struggling with his windows....his response was 'How do you use this then mate??'

Lmao was he challenged? Who doesnt know how to use de-icer....

Reactions: DS197