Jimmy's Deep Black R27 no.243 - Goodbye kid, it's been a blast.

Had another clean over the weekend and also spent some time on the interior.

Bought some items off ebay:

IMG_2393.jpg

I'd run out of spare oil, so I stocked up on the Elf, which was what got put in at the last service. I used the Autoglym Interior Shampoo on all the seats. They are under covers most of the time, however the shampoo did seem to leave them looking a bit fresher afterwards - they are a pretty set of pews! :

IMG_2394.jpg

I also fitted LED bulbs to all the interior lights and had 2 left, which went into the rear number plate lights. Such a cheap and subtle upgrade, but it really does give the interior a more modern, cleaner look. No photos of this as I couldn't really get any decent ones.

Lastly, I finally installed the custom footplate from @sevenfourate and also thanks to the kind donation of velcro from @Big Ben who had some spare left over. I gave the RS mats a good clean and vac and despite their age, they don't look too bad really:

IMG_2395.jpg

It does look like the footrest isn't on straight in the photo, but it is lined up with the trim on the left. Must be the angle of the picture...

I'm waiting on some Peek metal polish that I'll use to smarten up the tail pipe trims on the Scorpion - they aren't too bad, but will look miles better with a bit of a shine on them.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: peter and brunodias
Thats an impressive update ! You've made use of the last few days off for sure by the looks and sounds of it......

Such a shame to need covers on lovely seats isnt it. But needs must from work-grime hey.....
***They looking bloomin clean coming out from under the covers in those pics !

Foot-plate looks great :smile:

Keeping it going. Your on a roll of late Jimmy..........

Thanks very much Shuv! Yeah it's been enjoyable spending a bit more time on it all recently.

It is a big shame, I very rarely take the covers off to be honest :worried: I have a passenger in the front nearly every day, so the covers are used to protect the bolster on that side - people just can't get in and out of them properly :disappointed: and yeah the work uniform isn't the best thing to have on them either! The mats get covered in all sorts, they need brushing off every day really, specially in winter.

Very happy with the foot-plate, it looks spot on!

Reactions: sevenfourate
I really do love the old style Black recaros over the newer green ones, they look so sleek!

And yeah my footrest looked odd when I aligned it with the trim on the side, so I just adjusted it slightly so it 'looks' straight but in reality it's not aligned properly... can't win! Haha

Reactions: Jimmy
I really do love the old style Black recaros over the newer green ones, they look so sleek!

And yeah my footrest looked odd when I aligned it with the trim on the side, so I just adjusted it slightly so it 'looks' straight but in reality it's not aligned properly... can't win! Haha

Its the detailing analness coming out now Dale ! I hear you though.......

Reactions: Dystant
Bloody lovely Jimmy!

Really caught the detailing bug :smile: will have to get up your way with the DA in the spring or you can come down this way :smile:

Bloody lovely Jimmy!

Really caught the detailing bug :smile: will have to get up your way with the DA in the spring or you can come down this way :smile:

Thanks for the kind words, Chris!

I'm well up for that mate, thanks! If we can get the swirls out it'll give her a bit of a transformation!

Nahhh don't need a DA, just get a applicator waffle and spend 6 hours doing it all by hand!

I didn't take me 3 hours to get a few scratches out by hand or anything... and my arm wasn't absolutely dead at the end of it... honest... :tearsofjoy:

Great to see your baby getting all this attention in this horrible weather..
I'm still in Czech so haven't seen my little girl for over 2 weeks..quite miss her..
Good job on the seats Jimmy...

I got round to fitting the new Alarm Bracket today - thanks very much Shuv! The old one was well past it...

image1.jpg

The new one was a real doddle to put on - it's a really firm/tight fit, the 'leg/foot' is pressed nicely up against the plastic lip so there's zero movement. Big improvement, although I think I'll need to replace the bolts/nuts as they let the side down...

image2.jpg

In other news, I had to take out the LED bulbs from the numberplate lights - the O/S one was flickering, as I think was the same for @sevenfourate - did you get those replacements in the end Shuv?

So back to the original 501s, which don't look half as good, but will have to do until I can get some alternative bulbs.

• Wheel refurb is booked in at Metal Magic for Monday 27th Feb. I have also spoken to Neil at Bolsover Car Care re the belts/water pump/aux work, and I will likely book in with him for that same week.

Thanks for looking.

I got round to fitting the new Alarm Bracket today - thanks very much Shuv! The old one was well past it...

image1.jpg

The new one was a real doddle to put on - it's a really firm/tight fit, the 'leg/foot' is pressed nicely up against the plastic lip so there's zero movement. Big improvement, although I think I'll need to replace the bolts/nuts as they let the side down...

image2.jpg

In other news, I had to take out the LED bulbs from the numberplate lights - the O/S one was flickering, as I think was the same for @sevenfourate - did you get those replacements in the end Shuv?

So back to the original 501s, which don't look half as good, but will have to do until I can get some alternative bulbs.

• Wheel refurb is booked in at Metal Magic for Monday 27th Feb. I have also spoken to Neil at Bolsover Car Care re the belts/water pump/aux work, and I will likely book in with him for that same week.

Thanks for looking.
Staying with anthracite for the wheel colour jimmy?

Reactions: ///M
Yeah sticking with it Ben, I've always liked that colour on a black car, plus it makes sense with it being the standard colour on the R27 :smile:
Yeah forgot that.

Are you having them painted or powder coated mate?

I'm so undecided about what to do with my 2nd set it's untrue lol

Yeah forgot that.

Are you having them painted or powder coated mate?

I'm so undecided about what to do with my 2nd set it's untrue lol

Well MM do the powder-coating so I'll happily go with that. I imagine it will be a longer-lasting option??

It's a nice dilemma for you to be in though Ben! Is it the colour you're undecided on, or the finish?

Well MM do the powder-coating so I'll happily go with that. I imagine it will be a longer-lasting option??

It's a nice dilemma for you to be in though Ben! Is it the colour you're undecided on, or the finish?
Bit of both to be fair but I've taken the plunge and found a small company very close to home, who having met them today are going to do the job for me!

Bit of both to be fair but I've taken the plunge and found a small company very close to home, who having met them today are going to do the job for me!

That's good news mate, I saw in the other thread that you were on the hunt for a decent place. Looking forward to hearing the plans you have for them!

happy days Jimmy..the new bracket looks much much better..
bet you cant wait to have your wheels done..know it's been bugging you for a while now..looking forward to seeing the results..

So back to the original 501s, which don't look half as good, but will have to do until I can get some alternative bulbs

Great news on the wheel re-furb Jimmy. You soon got around to that (Large dose of sarcasm needs inserting here...... :smile: ) Exactly how long have you been getting ribbed (Chris particularly ?) about your rims....?

Bulbs: Damn. I talked that one up didnt i !

I bought pack of 10 - every interior one perfect to this date. I've been through 4 or 5 number-plate bulbs. As i had some left-over; i just replaced it again when they started flickering. But i do need something more permanent.

I'm SURE its to do with the fact these are somewhat open to the elements and outside. Can only be that............