iphone 4 car cradle

Maz

Platinum Member
What you using?

I was thinking about getting rid of my tom tom and getting the app for my phone instead of having both, think it would be easier ...

(Not sure I have posted in the right place, sorry)

I use the iPhone TomTom mount.

I sold my TomTom and used the app, its so much easier as I never had my TomTom when I needed it, but I always have my iPhone on me.

The mount is about £100 though, but it works like a dream with the TomTom App and all the voice alerts etc come out of the built-in speaker in the mount, so they are a lot more clearer.

If your buying a mount to use as a TomTom, you'll be better with the proper mount.

Brodit do two dash brackets to mount the iPhone bracket to, I have both, one for my BB and one for my Garmin, if you want pics, let me know.

i dont bother with the i phone holders, all of them seem to be crap or silly expensive.

instead i have a PDA holder that clips to the vents of my van.

a much better fit tbh

These are the two Brodit dash brackets, I probably prefer the one closer to the steering wheel as it is less of a stretch. Both block the vents to some extent, but both are pretty secure, even without using the supplied double sided tape;

2010-11-03001.jpg

2010-11-03002.jpg

2010-11-03004.jpg

2010-11-03005.jpg

Apologies for the glare.

Does your phone not slide off that Brown bear ?

No, even with spirited driving. Also has a weird suction cup set-up, attaches to anything (even rough surfaces).

Needs a case on the iphone though, the back is too slippy without a case!

Similar Thread Suggestions