iPhone 4 Car Cradle

I've (finally) come around to getting an iPhone, after a couple of happy years with HTC, I've gone to the dark side.

So....

I'm looking for a decent car holder for it, one that I can leave in the car and just slide the phone in to nice and easily (and securely) leaving the bottom slot for charging and preferably the top socket for AUX in the van.

Anyone got any suggestions? I figured a bunch of car bores like us should know the best kit :smiley::group:

That looks brilliant Webby thanks. How/where did you run the cable too to get power? Also you said in the thread your playing music via bluetooth? Did you change your head unit to get that, looks in the picture like youve got a cabasse?

Sorry for all the questions dude, any advice is much appreciated :smile:

I run the cable to the cig lighter. Just tape it down with two velcro strips against the carpet. I'm sure I could do neater, but it works.

The car came with Bluetooth. Suprisingly I spec'ed the aux/usb input and that was enough to get bluetooth, and I don't use the usb input at all.

Ah right, I want something that I could play my music through as well, the bracket looks great but won't quite solve all my problems. If I go down the bluetooth hands free route then I suppose I could still use the cradle and charger and play music that way (which i'm guessing your doing?)

Check out the Brodit website - Brodit.se
They do holders with a pass through or a charger, and can be spec'd to accept an iPhone with a skin. I have a Brodit with charger for my 4S with switch easy skin, works a treat. I can stream to my Parrot but didn't want to use the Parrot to charge as it is a bit slow.

Ah right, I want something that I could play my music through as well, the bracket looks great but won't quite solve all my problems. If I go down the bluetooth hands free route then I suppose I could still use the cradle and charger and play music that way (which i'm guessing your doing?)

Yes - all controlled from the steering wheel, for both music and hands free phone. Plus I use Co-Pilot sat nav on the iphone as well.

Yes - all controlled from the steering wheel, for both music and hands free phone. Plus I use Co-Pilot sat nav on the iphone as well.

Oooh get you :wink::smiley:

To be honest I what I'm looking for first and foremost is a way to get music and charge, but looking around it might not be too much more for some form of hands free. I tend to only drive the car on short journeys and the misses does the day to commute (3miles).

Thanks for the advice, Brodit seem popular

Similar Thread Suggestions