iphone 4 car cradle

I just spent £75 on a mount for my iPhone 4! :wink:

However, 1 part is this:

chm.gif

And the other part is:

i_phone_tripod_mount.gif

For recording Track Day videos.

Also purchased Harry's Lap Timer Pro HD and jailbroke my iPhone. Installed BT Stack GPS from Cydia and using the whole lot with a Bluetooth GPS receiver for accurate GPS tracking with the software.

Should have some great vids after Bedford on Saturday.

Just get the TOMTOM one, its the best out of the lot and well worth the money with the built-in speaker, enhanced gps etc.

£100 though Jason.. bit steep if you ask me ..

Have you got any pics of it actually in the car A2ON?

£100 though Jason.. bit steep if you ask me ..

Have you got any pics of it actually in the car A2ON?

Your buying the App for what, £60? £160 for a Tomtom that you will have you everyday of the week and will work perfect everytime is a bargain.

You can buy Tomtom's for like £300 these days that do all of the same things that the iPhone App does.

Personally I think you'll regret it if you get another one. I used my iPhone 4 without the mount the other day and over a 20 minute journey it zapped the charge from 80% to 30%-or-so. The Tomtom App uses LOADS of battery life, you'll find yourself struggling for charge if you go anywhere but the corner shops with it on tbh. lol. Along with that, a built in speaker, car charger, amazing suction mount, enhanced gps. You can't go wrong.

But you go and buy a £10 mount and see for yourself. :tongueout:

Last edited:
Your buying the App for what, £60? £160 for a Tomtom that you will have you everyday of the week and will work perfect everytime is a bargain.

You can buy Tomtom's for like £300 these days that do all of the same things that the iPhone App does.

Personally I think you'll regret it if you get another one. I used my iPhone 4 without the mount the other day and over a 20 minute journey it zapped the charge from 80% to 30%-or-so. The Tomtom App uses LOADS of battery life, you'll find yourself struggling for charge if you go anywhere but the corner shops with it on tbh. lol.

Fair comment I was just thinking £100 for a phone mount but if it does all that other stuff then worth the money.. stroll on payday :thumbup:

Fair comment I was just thinking £100 for a phone mount but if it does all that other stuff then worth the money.. stroll on payday :thumbup:

It does seem expensive, but it just isn't a mount, its basically an addition to your Tomtom and makes it work how it should. I looked into it a lot before i bought the Tomtom App for my 3GS and all the videos on Youtube showed how much better reception you got, along with everything else when you had your iPhone in the mount.

I think I bought the app one night and went to my local apple store the next to get the mount before I went to Manchester and it worked a dream.

I've never had any loss of GPS with iphone 4 and the tomtom mount either i don't think.

Oh, and it also doubles up as a handsfree thing too, you can answer incoming calls from it, etc etc. and their voice comes out of the built-in mount speaker. :thumbup:

Similar Thread Suggestions