Insurance time again..

im only 19 so only 2 years yea that is me as a named driver and my dad on the insurance too, so im really classed as the third driver!! nightmare when it comes to renewal tho no one wants to give me a quote!! lol

25 years old, 6 years ncb, low risk area im paying 550 with more than

BUT they mugged me off another £30 for having a windscreen chip repaired last year!!!!, threatened to cancel the cover if i didnt pay it. they said it made me a higher risk???!!! soo pissed about it

I'm 22 with 4 Years NCB, Cost me £2,300 to insure my 197 :worried:

OUCH! I've been looking for renewal quotes as mine is due in March and early quotes look at being £1,500.

Im only 20 with 3 years NCB! Paid £2,100 last year (first year with the car and was 19!)

I'm 24 almost 5 year NCB when shifting from my 106 GTi it's was actually less so I got money back lol it's totalled at £794 fully comp.
My insurance is up end of this month so I need to ring up I'm with sky insurance btw.

Already had 2 fresh quotes
Admiral- £711
Tiger - £690

Both with 350 excess so unless sky can do any better ill be moving

I know it sounds silly but those who keep it in a garage state it's parked in the street and I guarantee it'll go down 10% or so. It makes no sense but it works and saved me £110 just last week! :wink:

I know it sounds silly but those who keep it in a garage state it's parked in the street and I guarantee it'll go down 10% or so. It makes no sense but it works and saved me £110 just last week! :wink:

But when they steel your car from the garage the insurance will say why wasnt it in the street?

The reason it is cheaper in some areas is the thieves can see what house the keys are in, where as on the street it is harder to match house to car.

Im 23, 6yr NCB, fully comp in my own name, parked on the street, £500 voluntary excess and my renewal is £415 with admiral. I have a clean license too :smile:

£846, 21 years of age, 4ync . Thats with my parents on my name which brings it down alot. Got 3 points last week though so not looking forward to declaring them :worried:

Any idea if 3 points take your insurance up much ? im with Elephant

Depends what offence they're for Evans. It'll go up a bit either way, but I wouldn't worry too much.

I am 26 with 4 years NCB and paying approx £600.00 for the 200 (this is on a multicar policy with Admiral)

Funnily enough I just had my renewal through for my 100 bhp van with 6 years NCB = £714.00!!!!

And for the lad with elephant I'm with admiral which is same company so probs looking at similar price as me bud

Speeding it was for :worried: . Aslong as it isnt too much i dont mind

For reference;

4 Pts SP30
26 (25 at renewal)
5 Years Licence/3 Years NCB
Fully Comprehensive, Legal, Windscreen; £650 with Greenlight.

Obviously it depends on where you live and age etc., but SP30s aren't too bad. Just don't make a habit of it. :smiley:

Mate, I am suprised with ur quote. I mean I am 22. Before I got the Clio 197 I had 3yrs NCB as a named driver but Adrian flux didn't allow me to carry them over which was very frustrating. :worried: :evil:
This means I am back down to 1yrs NCB which if all goes well will be complete in July. At present I am paying £1200approx on 0 NCB with
£500 excess.

Hopefully when I complete my 1 NCB in July i'll get a reduced rate.

Who is the £1200 with? And where abouts (roughly in the country) to you live?

I'm 26, live in London, 0 NCB like you, and comparethemarket is showing best price of about £1,500 with £3,000 COMPULSORY excess. Me thinks postcode / London could be doing it.

Similar Thread Suggestions