Insurance worries again :(

Checked insurance and although its went up for everyone mines went up to around 3k by the looks of things.. last year it was 1600 and that was pushing it.. I think I may need to get a different car next year which is quite worrying :worried: anyone any ideas? My insurance renewal isn't until next March so anything could change but its a little worrying!

yeah i think m ines going up quite a bit - hope they drop a bit before my renewal!! not really sure what elese you can do!!

Shop around, don't let companies sting you with the "everyones insurance has gone up at least 20% this year" rubbish.

I got my insurance down from £650 to £550 comprehensive this year after having silly quotes up to £3000 from some idiot insurance companies!

Mine went up a grand, managed to haggle a bit. Went round all the insurers and told mine that I was leaving for a cheaper quote. Only 300 quid more. Wouldn't you know it, they could match it after a 'chat' with their manager. Classic

My insurance is quite high due to a recent claim and 3 points im 23 and the best deal i could get was from admiral and was alot cheaper than elswhere however my excess is very high.

My insurance is quite high due to a recent claim and 3 points im 23 and the best deal i could get was from admiral and was alot cheaper than elswhere however my excess is very high.

Yeah, same. I had a run in with a Nissan Qashqai that put mine up.

Admiral seem to consistently come out on top for single car policies on the 197/200.

Don't touch them for multicar though.

They were the cheapest for me for the 197, but I settled for More Than because they were the only one that offered 3rd part cover on other vehicles, it was only £40 extra and I needed it lol

I need to start looking for mine. It's up in January, so still got plenty of time, but I find it helps to be ahead of the game and know what is cheap and what isn't.

I paid £2500 last year, renewal is now £3200. No points/claims. Totally bizarre how they just pluck a figure out of the air!

£3k-phew!! That's outrageous!! I thought £500 was bad..I could get £380 if my OH didn't have points....one of the few advantages of being a bit older for a change :wink:

My insurance is only £400! Getting auld has it's advantages lol The mrs 1.25 fiesta was £400 as well and just got the renewal through and it was £1500 fooking chancers, Went on line and done a quote with the same company and we got a price of £400 and took it, They must get lazy people just taking there renewal and not trying to get a better price,

The cheapest i could get for my kangoo is £700 with 3yrs NCB which is crazy imo,

Last edited:
I'm 21 with 6 points for CD10 and 1 years NCB and my insurance has just cost me £2.5K and before anyone asks, yes it hurt!

26, 3 years of driving and 3 years NCB. £670 for me. I could find it slightly cheaper with Brentacre at £640 but i couldnt be bothered with the hassle of switching for the sake of £30 so i renewed with Greenlight.

I literally just spent a whole afternoon with a notepad file open, the list of insurers down one side and their quotes down the other.

I deliberately avoided all the comparison websites and went direct to the companies themselves :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions