How did Renault get away with the front bumper on the 200???

I always take time and effort over the things I have worked hard for and enjoy. I refuse to spend mega-bucks on detailing products, but I have enough stuff to get the job done well. I love cleaning the car and it turns a lot more heads then your run-of-the-mill piece of crud that 99% of the population drives around in, even more so when it is clean!

I give the Clio a hell of a lot of stick and when I drive it on a run so it is in no way treated like it is a precious object - if it was built to be looked at Renault wouldn't have put an engine in...

I don't think that Renault have done anything wrong with the design of the 200 and after seeing Danny, Phil, Chris and Martin's 200's in my rear view mirror many times I can safely say they have a lot of presence on the road. I (like Mike) thought that the 200 was very suspect when it came out but now I would love to own one. Yes, it has taken a while for me to admit it but I have! :wink:

I can't understand people sometimes, I saved so hard for this cars and then poeple call it anal when you spend half the weekend driving it and the rest giving it a bit of tender loving care! :chair:

Its loose change for some people, but i have to work hard to have a nice car. So i take pride in my possessions and like it looking spangly. I dont give 2 ****s if someone thinks im anal. Usually only takes 1-2 hours to give it a real good clean, then every 6 months or so, i clay, cleanse and protect it properly.

Mike, everyone knows the only reason you bought your Clio is to give it death on the track, so are you telling me your other purchase, the Porsche, is going to be cleaned with a pair of underpants and some washing liquid?

Ooo has he got one already?

I think from reading this 9 pages of pure entertainment the conclusion is the 200 is the nicer car :rofl:

Really? All i get is a WUM giving it the balls to people who actually care about their possessions!
So what if some people like to clean their car for 5 - 8 hours, good on em.
Pride is an admirable quality.
Plus they will get a better resale value (privately) and their car will look better for longer, may even keep that evil rust at bay.

One question:
Do you clean your house, decorate to make it nice and keep it tidy?
So why is your car any different?? ...Its not.

Each to their own, it you don't agree or like something on a thread, here's a though... Just keep it to yourself.

just to get back on topic i'm not a fan of the front end and thats not because i have a 197.
there are other things that i dont like, the diffuser being one and the fact that there is only 4 seats

Just keep it to yourself.[/QUOTE]

Everyone is allowed an opinion

It’s a forum ffs :blink:

If everyone agreed is would be utter boring :bounce1:

just to get back on topic i'm not a fan of the front end and thats not because i have a 197.
there are other things that i dont like, the diffuser being one and the fact that there is only 4 seats

The 4 seat thing is a bit stupid but i'm not sure you would fit 5 in with the recaros as well

Giving it balls?

Come on, I tried to make it as humorous as possible to not come across as ranty or spiteful. It's not so much the time or effort spent I find amusing, more the 17 page long in depth review of every single effort and product involved with macro pictures of flakes in metallic paint and hands holding mucky clay.

What does it matter if I believe cars should be driven and not polished to the point of fear of using them? That counts for a £500 ebay ****ter or a £500,000 supercar kept in a heated bubble 360 days a year.

I can't say I love this car enough to bother doing anything other than give it a good clean inside and out, I'm not neglectful of it, just realistic about the value of my time for zero return. My other cars I love and cherish, yes I'd be more inclined to pamper them... but I'd still just describe it as "I cleaned the car".

There's plenty of stuff I do that others would no doubt find pointless or amusing and I welcome fun being poked at it.

If you can't laugh at yourself, etc etc....

Last edited:
Back on topic...heres a pic of new meg when renault could be arsed doing the thing probably. See the line of the headlamp, wing and bumper. If (or should I say maybe when) Renault style the next gen like the front of the meg, in my opinion that will be some car.

Last edited:
Flows a bit better, eh.

I remember when the previous gen Megane came out and everyone thought it was shocking... now, nobody bats an eyelid at them. The best designs split opinion.

Just keep it to yourself.

Everyone is allowed an opinion

It’s a forum ffs :blink:

If everyone agreed is would be utter boring :bounce1:[/QUOTE]

Agreed, healthy debate is good, it's when it gets a bit personal its not nice.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, what i'm saying is don't go out of your way (not you personally) to antagonise.

Back to the thread:
I like the 200 front, its the Raider wheels that don't suit it for me.
I love the standard 200 wheels in Anthracite and the Speedlines suit the 200 better (IMO...LOL).

The black roof looks great too, especially on white.

The 4 seat thing is a bit stupid but i'm not sure you would fit 5 in with the recaros as well

i've 3 kids so it need to be a 5 seater, i almost bought an AG 200 before realising this. and yes there's plent of room for them, there is more leg room in the 197 than we had in the grand scenic we used to have