How did Renault get away with the front bumper on the 200???

Disrespectful?

If you want to go to that level of OCD because you enjoy it, then crack on. I have no issue with this and gladly encourage you to be happy.

If you're doing it for scene points/the mistaken belief it's adding proportional value/you feel you're neglecting the car if you don't, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

I won't do anything that will de-value the car, I just do enough and enjoy my time saved elsewhere. Mostly driving it, which is what I bought it for. It really is liberating not having a car wrapped in cotton wool.

It really is liberating not having a car wrapped in cotton wool.

Agree. I had a supercharged BMW which was sooo high maintenence. I worried about everything to do with that car which I guess was because I had so much time, effort and not to mention money in it. Got to the point where I started to resent it. Real love hate relationship.
This car doesn't stand me a bean. Its not the family car, not even my daily driver, wife might occasionally drive it if its last on the drive and I decided last night, it might even see a track day whilst I build my 172 tracker.

@Mike... I will join the club... :lol: post made me smile!!! my car is so dirty standing in the bay, but **** it is a nice drive still :wink:
awesome sauce!!!

:smile: :smiley:

I think the 197 front is fairly similar to other clios at a glance. I think the 200 front is more modern with the gloss black and I think the front end looks stunning and the headlight/bumper/front wing looks aggressive with the curviture in it. I was close to getting a 197 in ly so I'm not saying it's ugly but the 200 stands out more.

All IMO of course.

^^^ This man speaketh the trutheth so he does

I won't do anything that will de-value the car, I just do enough and enjoy my time saved elsewhere. Mostly driving it, which is what I bought it for. It really is liberating not having a car wrapped in cotton wool.
The "Spent 5 hours cleaning the car" brigade will have never experienced the "How fast will this thing go through that big muddy puddle" moment :smiley:

I can't imagine a world where I'd be scared of doing this simply because it'd ruin your £472/bottle Mongolian bat's p*** hand glaze finish you'd painstakingly spent 14 hours applying with a mouse's ear.

6:40 onwards

HA! So true Mike Thats why i

Wake up in the morning, Have my bacon with the mrs, Open the front door point and grunt at the car. Sit down in the lounge with my copy of auotcar watch the Motorsport and my mrs bending over the bonnet through the window, then when she's finished go for a drive down the country lanes and cycle repeats :thumbup1:

Code:

It might not add alot of value but will make the car easier to sell private just because you dont like no need to be so disrespectfull to the peolpe who do

I drive my car hard never been in trak but its well used but when im done i like it clean im not ocd with it but there are loads that are

PMSL @Mike :rofl:

My 200 is the first car I've washed myself and boy is it boring. Due to a knackered shoulder I've been giving mine a £5 Polish. Will probably stay that way

Last edited:
Balls to that, too much like hard work. It always puzzles me when I read people's proud list of their 5 hour cleaning duties of a weekend.

Jet washed, snow foamed, washed with 7 buckets/4 mitts, cleaned all shuts with horse testicle hair brush, all carpets removed and sent to the dry cleaners, glass re-polished by semi blind nuns, wheels covered in cream and licked clean by cats, dried with 7mph sterilised wind....etc etc.

A real man's weekend by comparison.

Woke up, had sex with a real life woman who is not my mum/sister/cousin, ate breakfast, threw a bucket of water over the car and smeared the muck off it, took it out and drove it all over the best roads in [insert place], arrived home, watched darts.

I'm starting an anti-polishing club.

mike roberts for Reply of the year pmsl excellent .....

Personally I prefer the 200, never was that struck on the 197 as it was a little too similar to the standard Clio at the front.

damn it, i thought I had all the kit... im off to buy a horse testicle hair brush now!

and 5hrs!.....please, its more like a good 8! In my defence it makes it bloody easy to clean for the next 6 months until the next session! lol

Cleaning a car is a bit therapeutic for me as well Mike. You cant deny that i drive my car properly. But i also clean it properly. :smile:

Totally agree, drive it properly then clean it properly, the car cost too much to buy to wash it with a halfrauds jumbo sponge and car shampoo!!!

Balls to that, too much like hard work. It always puzzles me when I read people's proud list of their 5 hour cleaning duties of a weekend.

Jet washed, snow foamed, washed with 7 buckets/4 mitts, cleaned all shuts with horse testicle hair brush, all carpets removed and sent to the dry cleaners, glass re-polished by semi blind nuns, wheels covered in cream and licked clean by cats, dried with 7mph sterilised wind....etc etc.

A real man's weekend by comparison.

Woke up, had sex with a real life woman who is not my mum/sister/cousin, ate breakfast, threw a bucket of water over the car and smeared the muck off it, took it out and drove it all over the best roads in [insert place], arrived home, watched darts.

I'm starting an anti-polishing club.

Even though I think each person can do what they like and shouldn't be criticised for doing so, this post is hilarious, absolutely hilarious!!!!

Can't believe people what people are 'bickering' about here. Clean your car / don't clean your car / thrash your car on a track / don't go anywhere near a track? Who cares? Do what you want yourself but just remember to appreciate what a great little motor the 197/200 is!

Totally agree, drive it properly then clean it properly, the car cost too much to buy to wash it with a halfrauds jumbo sponge and car shampoo!!!

Its loose change for some people, but i have to work hard to have a nice car. So i take pride in my possessions and like it looking spangly. I dont give 2 ****s if someone thinks im anal. Usually only takes 1-2 hours to give it a real good clean, then every 6 months or so, i clay, cleanse and protect it properly.

Mike, everyone knows the only reason you bought your Clio is to give it death on the track, so are you telling me your other purchase, the Porsche, is going to be cleaned with a pair of underpants and some washing liquid?