GW 200 FF+Cup

Finding the standard headlights shocking bad

fitted some Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs today and cut my hands to pieces in the process!

passenger side was fairly easy with air intake pipe removed but drives side AC pipes are right in the way!

also adjusted the beams 1 1/2 turns higher as they're set really low.

the bulbs do seem a lot brighter and whiter. still not as good as the 197 xenon's i had.

also still waiting for my akrapovic - was meant to be her last week, then today, now told it will be end of this week!

Hopefully have some photos of it fitted by the weekend.

gave it a wash after yesterdays run out - it was pretty filthy. wax is lasting well though so easy to keep clean.

oh, and the beep and shift light is back! don't know why that stopped working yesterday… bloody renaults...

null_zpsa675f819.gif

null_zps87784eca.gif

null_zps2d63eb19.gif

null_zpsb99d3584.gif

yell me about it - I've got a white golf gti too - wash the bloody thing every other day!

anyway my akrapovic came today.

i have sealed the carbon tail trims with poor boys wheel sealant - i might have time to remove the diffuser and fit these tonight but won't have time to fit the exhaust unfortunately.

null_zps7051b8b7.gif

null_zpse8d8d0cc.gif

null_zps87148ad9.gif

null_zpsfdf041b5.gif

null_zps31a6be3a.gif

null_zps35122f96.gif

null_zps905504c4.gif

null_zps7372f77d.gif

The only way I could justify it to myself is when I sell it I should get about £200 back for it.

it is very expensive though.

got this and the exhaust to fit when I get home now.

just got back home from offshore and have a few bits waiting to be fitted

my akrapovic still waiting to go on (hopefully tomorrow or wednesday)

my made no racing recaro seat frame also came - first impressions are its really well made and looks to be well thought out

the guy said it was OEM quality or better and i would believe him. expensive but nice - it will be fitted this week at some point

also got some RS centre caps i bought from a member on here

file_zpsf6fe936e.gif

0DA6CAA1-0AF0-4294-9F43-1BA1E8F335E2_zpscefwlvao.gif

Last edited:
had a bit of chew getting it aligned properly which i was surprised at - the right side seemed to sit around 10mm lower than the left. i couldn't see a way to adjust the up/down position though but by adjusting the left/right a little it seemed to line up. i pulled it around as much as possible on the hangers to check for any knocks though and there was no knocking so think its good.

another update on my car

fitted the madeno racing recaro seat from kit the other day

a total pig to fit as the instructions are pretty basic and i found it easier not following them to be honest. also remounting the seatbelt required a spacer which wasn't included so i had to use a nut and a couple of washers to get the right clearance. also i couldn't get the seat tilt memory to work again as there are no mounting points for the cable on the new frame, so the cables isn't tensioned when the lever is pulled. i just did away with it in the end.

i also had to hacksaw a little piece of it out as the backrest wouldn't line up with the bolt holes. i wasn't expecting to have to mess around with this for the money it cost to be honest but i suppose thats what you get on small volume custom parts.

so anyway it has made a big difference to the car

the driving position for me is much better as its around 40mm lower and i can tilt the steering wheel down more so its a better angle

the car also feels a lot better being closer to the floor and more part of the car.

an expensive mod and to be honest not as complete as i was hoping but with a bit of fettling it makes a big difference to the car.

wow I definitely wasn't expecting someone to have to fiddle about when fitting this part after paying so much money.

That said, I'm sure the new driving position is spot on now!

this is it fitted anyway. waiting for a recaro trim piece to cover the bolt holes which they posted to me today

note my new winter mats! clio expression mats, not the best colour but will do the job - £15 new from dealers!

file_zps6483e045.gif

2781F35E-A2FF-4B20-A69F-7F2AE84D0B69_zpsh6gnc8hl.gif

and after a wipe down

0727002C-5A53-4F83-93E9-FC40B8D5C549_zps44fxyftj.gif

F1077CEC-D563-4EE0-BCF4-BC00949D23E2_zps1poknqev.gif

29157F76-7A0A-45F3-AD8B-A5F453B25619_zpsaoylbt9i.gif

Last edited: