GW 200 FF+Cup

Great stuff mate, I was surprised to see gains of 10bhp from just a remap on Paul's dyno, however the above posts justify that completely.

Glad you are happy mate, I'm going there on Monday, can't wait to see what's happening with mine!

so today i fitted my pioneer tsq131c speakers - or partially anyway...

had these in my 197 a few years back and got some for the 200 - fitted the door speakers easy enough - i was surprised to see the door speaker had a smaller tweeter cone inside the main speaker (i don't remember my 197 having this)!

anyway i popped off the tweeter grilles no bother at all and surprise surprise - NO TWEETER!

not even any wiring for it

i removed the glove box to have a good look and couldn't see anything obvious as to where the wires might be - i traced the loom form the head unit and i can't see anything

im assuming renault uprated the door speaker with a in-built tweeter, thus doing away with the dash tweeter

I'm annoyed as some people seem to have no tweeter but still have the wiring there in place - I'm assuming renault changed the loom while phasing out the dash tweeters?

my mrs new capture has the same tweeter grilles so I'm going to pop it oiff and if there are OEM tweeters i will fit my pioneers there instead - otherwise they redundant… frisking annoying!

file_zps2af55a39.gif

steering wheel fitted - a huge improvement to the driving position for me as its 95mm closer

had some bother with the clock spring wire, which somehow jumped out of the guide and chewed itself to bits. annoyed cos i was really careful with it and made sure it was in the right position etc but something went wrong somewhere

£165 for a new part from renault which was a bit of a pisser but all sorted now - i was lucky to be able to get the part i need straight away, i thought i would have to order it in so not all bad but it was an expensive bit of bad luck!

pleased with the improvements made to the driving position and feel of the car so looking forward to testing it out at blyton this weekend along with the remap and exhaust.

C92A8B89-AD75-474C-850C-1B1251E9756D_zpsqufe0n6f.gif

9BE834CF-8247-41C8-B67F-F2443005D454_zpskpcdbqtp.gif

thanks for the comments

the exhaust is cracking and popping big time on the upshifts now after the remap!

next on the list is remove the rear seats but come up with some matching carpet or something to hide the bare metal floor and insulate the exhaust and fuel pump sound then after the warranty runs out possibly get some kw clubsports

Hi Ken
Do you mind letting me know how did you get contact with Madeno
Try to reach them for a few times via email already
But still no replies
Thanks

thanks a lot - i love the thing!got more to come too mate - thinking about getting myself a set of kw clubsport coil overs and get the back seats out!

Look forward too it.

Ive been in a mk1 frs with club sports on the difference they make it unreal. One mates fitted some on his mk2 frs and took it spa for track day. Said made the v3's look pants!! A lot money but sell worth it.

where did get boss for steering wheel btw as that be one 1st jobs I'll be doing.

I had the car into evans halshaw sunderland renault to get the worn lower hub ball joints inspected

must say I'm happy so far with sunderland renault - i got booked in at very short notice, my car was in the workshop on time and the master tech took it in, which i was pleased about and even used a seat cover and paper mats

i paid best part of £30k for a golf gti and the VW dealers wouldn't dream of that!

So they agreed the hub ball joints are worn and will replace under warranty win I'm next home, which is good news.

I seem to find there is slight play left/right if i jack the front wheels up and push and pull at the 3-9 o'clock position.

im not sure if its possibly a worn rack, work rack ends/track rod ends or its just the way they are (my 197 was like this even after new parts)

they're going to investigate anyway and replace whatever is needed

will be without my car for 2 days unfortunately so hopefully i get lots of parts replaced for the trouble!

my intention is to hang onto the clio for a few years so want as much work done as possible before the warranty runs out

Love this thread, been looking at new cars recently and have bitten the Clio 197/200 bug. As you can see this is my first post, threads like this are feeding the bug!