GW 200 FF+Cup

so we did croft today and what a great time.

there was a load of clio sports there, my white one, a nimbus R27 2x grey 200's and a 172/182 or two.

really impressed with the 200. excellent handling and brakes as usual and enough of a package to shame alot more powerful stuff

AD08's worked well, much better than the road tyres. i went for 32psi hot front and rear and had no issues. some slight brake fade with the DS2500 pads but i was braking later than i had before and i still need to fit my braided hoses and uprated fluid

XSP_0208_zpsb339539b.jpg

yeah i was talking to him throughout the day - i recognised the wheels from here when they were for sale a couple of weeks back!

yeah there was quite a few clios there!

had fun chasing down porsche boxsters and GT86's!

these thing really can move!

Last edited:
fitted the braided brake lines today. bled the system with motul RBF 300

file_zps975e01f0.giffile_zps0fc5cde6.gif

file_zps9934c8b1.gif

bought a compressor and a vacuum bleeder which i hoped would make it easy.

as the vacuum bleeder draws air in around the bleed nipple it was impossible to tell if the air bubbles in the hose were from the system or being drawn in from outside the nipple.

i used 2 full bottles of fluid to fully flush it out and be sure any air was gone.

so in the end had to get the mrs in the drivers seat to pump the pedal while i bled it the old fashioned way - it was properly bled, just unable to be certain due to the air leaking into the seal.

not sure if my compressor is up to it as it was really struggling to provide enough air. bit of a waste of money but the jobs done now... should have just did it 2 person method to start with.

took it for a test drive and it doesn't feel much different but im hoping on track i will have a more consistent pedal and less fade

Last edited:
Excellent work, Ken. It's much easier the old fashioned two person way. I changed my fluid around a month ago with my father in the drivers seat doing the leg work and couldn't believe how much the reservoir held. I used Castrol React Performance. Let us know how you get on.

i was going to buy the castrol but was advised to try the RBF300 by opie

im going to be servicing my brakes on a 6 month max basis so will probably bleed them again 2 person method and flush the fluid through again as im doing alot of trackdays

one thing about the goodridge hoses - cant understand why the give you a P clip when the hoses are too short to use it.

cant see why the didnt make them OEM length so the can be routed around the back of the strut - i had to fit mine across the front of the strut which looks more vulnerable.

null_zpsea476131.gif

Took the back seats out ready for cadwell this week.

The seat back including buckles weighs 13.8kg, the bench and parcel shelf 6.7kg and the isofix bar 3.1kg

Not a bad saving if you consider a full tank of fuel is around 36kg so its saved around 2/3rds the weight if a full tank.

I'm going to see about gettin some carpet to cover the gap and if i can make a neat job if it will remove the rear seat belt reels.

I might also remove the stereo and speakers and fit a blanking plate.

did you do a lock-to-lock to check for clearance for the flexis? (once wheels are on etc)