Guess what............ gearbox!

My gear box is a bit **** going into first (usually when cold but not always) doesnt grind going into 3rd though. I've not long had the car and there is an extended warrenty with renualt on the car but not in my name. Do i need to have a new box and will the warrenty still be valid if it isn't in my name? thanks.

For the cost of a gearbox, I'd just change my name...

It's worth sticking a good quality oil in there and seeing if anything changes. All 197s have stiff gearboxes when cold, changing the oil normally makes it 90% better

I'd like to add, my 3rd has been crunching for at least 12 months, possibly longer and it has never gotten worse - so I'm now at the stage where I will not even think of getting it looked at unless it actually breaks since getting 'faults' checked is clearly a game of chance. I've got 'gold' warranty (whatever that means) but aparently it covers every single nut and bolt for 3 years of which i'm just over 18 months.

Hope you get it sorted, but in reality unless it is giving you serious grief I would just leave it (and I have). :smile: