Gordan the Gordini

very nice Kaz [emoji106]
My wrapping skills have gotten much better! The front badge is looking nearly perfect. I'll have to rewrap the rear soon enough as the creases are annoying me around the edge lol!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Picking up a varley red top 15 and battery bracket next weekend ☺ mine is on its way out, triple cranking now where as it used to just crank once before and boom it would be on.

Thanks both ☺.

Been a good productive day. Looking forward to sorting the left ball joint and battery now but just booked a holiday for next year so that'll need to have money put towards it lol. I'll try not to let that get in the way of finishing the car maintenance off. I'm nearly at the point where I can't think of anything else that needs replacing maintenance wise so I'll be moving on to the real modifications then!

Gearbox has maraculously fixed itself???? I've not had a crunch in a very long time now, so much so I've forgotten it was an issue.

That looks very nice Kaz and a tasty list of mods there! Good to hear there's been no crunching from the 'box too, must be a weight off the mind!

That looks very nice Kaz and a tasty list of mods there! Good to hear there's been no crunching from the 'box too, must be a weight off the mind!
It's been running sweet lately must be the hotter weather?

Self healing gearboxes, hmmmm!!
Don't know what it is. I only remembered there was even an issue with it when I spotted the gearbox oil under the stairs. I bought millers stuff but the fuchs titan stuff is still in there.

Bolts arrived a week ago from SJM free of charge,

I purchased a torque wrench yesterday and torqued the big one up to 50nm and the smalller ones to 45nm. After a long hard battering, the bolts haven't moved at all.

Sorted once more! I did notice a fan belt squeek on startup after the hard rag though so I'll be listening out for that! Seems to have been a one off.

Should have a new upper torque arm mount coming from POWERFLEX tomorrow. The car has done 30k but the last 3k I've noticed the gear stick moving slightly when changing gear and I can hear the engine becoming a little rocky. Hopefully this solves this. My idea is that the upper torque arm is the one that produces the most vibrations so that'll be the best one to start with and will affect it in a positive way the most.

Other than that, I've not done my ball joint or gearbox oil as I'm close to the MOT. I'll leave it until a week before the MOT as it's been feeling rather good these last few months that I've not felt the need to rush to get either done. The oil and ball joint have been sitting under my stairs for a while now but meh! They're there when I need them.

Powerflex mount will be fitted immediately though as I don't want the manifold to fail needlessly.

Let us know what you think of the mount Kaz. You do right doing it for preventative measures, and so much cheaper than a mani fix! I'm happy with mine, definitely more vibrations, but they do calm down and you get used to it over time.

Let us know what you think of the mount Kaz. You do right doing it for preventative measures, and so much cheaper than a mani fix! I'm happy with mine, definitely more vibrations, but they do calm down and you get used to it over time.
It's my daily driver and it's super loud and road stripped. I'm sure the vibrating won't bother me. In fact it'll make it feel a bit more race car lmfao! that's what I'm hoping for anyway but I'll post the results once I do it. Quite a straight forward job and will let me use my torque wrench

Similar Thread Suggestions