Gordan the Gordini

Well, an hour of chewing metal way from that collar and I've given up! Will be buying a dremel saturday to rip it to peices, damn thing!

Used the dremel to cut the collar off the torque arm whilst it was out of the engine bay, quite straight forward.

Installing the mount in to the arm was a doddle too.

What are these vibrations that everyone complains about? I only noticed a SLIGHT and I mean SLIGHT (only because I was expecting them) increase in vibrations. The car does a little thump starting and stopping the engine but really that's about it...?

On another note, tried to rock the engine myself by pulling it and it just simply DOES NOT MOVE at all. Way better in my eyes with very little increase in discomfort.

Used the dremel to cut the collar off the torque arm whilst it was out of the engine bay, quite straight forward.

Installing the mount in to the arm was a doddle too.

What are these vibrations that everyone complains about? I only noticed a SLIGHT and I mean SLIGHT (only because I was expecting them) increase in vibrations. The car does a little thump starting and stopping the engine but really that's about it...?

On another note, tried to rock the engine myself by pulling it and it just simply DOES NOT MOVE at all. Way better in my eyes with very little increase in discomfort.

Haha - YES.

If you ratchet strap ***something*** onto a Transit Van bed and then try to move it to check if its secured down properly: the whole van will rock.

THAT's what the firmness of the uprated mounts remind me of when i try to rock my engine !

Haha - YES.

If you ratchet strap ***something*** onto a Transit Van bed and then try to move it to check if its secured down properly: the whole van will rock.

THAT's what the firmness of the uprated mounts remind me of when i try to rock my engine !

Seems a fantastic thing to do any I'd gladly recommend it to everyone. I'd almost class it as a must-do on these cars. No regrets!

I don't think I'll do any of the other mounts.. Perhaps the gearbox mount next, but that's not as essential as the upper torque mount where it'll kill your manifold flexis if not done.

Yeah I dremeled that bloody collar off the oem top arm too, I'm sure I've read of people saying easy just bend it - fair enough if Geoff Capes is your neighbour I guess.

oh and if doing to protect flexi's I think the lower one has more impact than the upper. A little bit of speculation on my part but I've seen a number of cars without a top arm at all when running the full vibra kit, and of course vibra don't make a top one - maybe failed logic but seems reasonable to me. Personally I run a powerflex top arm and the full vibra kit, but if you change any more i'd go lower first.

Yeah I dremeled that bloody collar off the oem top arm too, I'm sure I've read of people saying easy just bend it - fair enough if Geoff Capes is your neighbour I guess.

oh and if doing to protect flexi's I think the lower one has more impact than the upper. A little bit of speculation on my part but I've seen a number of cars without a top arm at all when running the full vibra kit, and of course vibra don't make a top one - maybe failed logic but seems reasonable to me. Personally I run a powerflex top arm and the full vibra kit, but if you change any more i'd go lower first.

Thanks for the info Rich.

Yeah, I broke a screwdriver trying to get under the collar... I'm no skinny twig but jesus, I'm not Arnold Schwarts either!

The dremel was lovely cutting in to it, not a problem. Just cut half way through the collar hook on the top then bent it with a screw driver.

Someone said that you tighten the torque arm bolts up to 105nm but I struggle to believe it's really that tight... I've done it now but if you say that's too tight I'll go get new bolts and re-do it.

Very nice one too !

What filter / induction / airbox set-up you running ?

It's the KTEC Induction Kit, it's fantastic and improved my throttle response down low (until I ruined that by putting a straight through exhaust on it!). There's little to no heat soak with it too. After a hard drive, you can feel the cone is cold and half the pipe is cold too so it's doing a very good job.

It's the KTEC Induction Kit, it's fantastic and improved my throttle response down low (until I ruined that by putting a straight through exhaust on it!). There's little to no heat soak with it too. After a hard drive, you can feel the cone is cold and half the pipe is cold too so it's doing a very good job.

Interesting !

And sounds really good (No pun intended), like its doing a 'proper job'.

Cheers.

Could you live with it before the exhaust got ASBO?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could you live with it before the exhaust got ASBO?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes it was fantastic. Only made a noise past half throttle and the growl down low sounds like a subaru.

Screams up the revs, very deep tone. Sounds like you've got a decent size engine, not a pea shooter.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

be6895083d338d82750fa5a281cafb6c.jpg

Something has changed!

(After I finished you can't even tell they were even on there!)

Oh and the reason why I did it is because they turned a horrible yellow white colour and started to peel so looked horrendous.

I won't be putting stripes back on there.

Get some decent pics up but I reckon it'll probably look better now without the stripes. I think the wheels, mirrors and blade are probably the best combination of white parts to use on a Gordini keeping the theme.
I keep thinking about maybe wrapping my blade white so I'll be interested to see your pics - I'll use photoshop and make the car yellow, might be useful in deciding :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions