Gordan the Gordini

Get some decent pics up but I reckon it'll probably look better now without the stripes. I think the wheels, mirrors and blade are probably the best combination of white parts to use on a Gordini keeping the theme.
I keep thinking about maybe wrapping my blade white so I'll be interested to see your pics - I'll use photoshop and make the car yellow, might be useful in deciding :wink:
I'll take a few once I've got the stripe discolouration polished out. It's nowhere near as bad as I've shown you all in the picture as that was literally before I cleaned any of the glue off.

There's a SLIGHT shade difference, you'd have to really look to see the difference. Nothing that can't be polished out. Really happy that it turned out this well.

I could put new stripes on but to be honest, I'm hitting 23 soon and I've had so many comments from people saying it looks better without. It'll be easier to clean too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yes I'm good guys thanks for asking [emoji5]. Nope, unfortunately not. I'm literally skint every month trying to save (same old story), it's getting old now!! It's mental trying to save for your first home, admire anyone who has done it.

I'm sure I'll be more active once I've got money and can do things apart from working! Glad to see your all doing well. Nice to see the forum is working with Tapatalk again too!

Reactions: sevenfourate
welcome back Kaz..how's things mate??busy with your new job??still saving up for the meg swap??

welcome back Kaz..how's things mate??busy with your new job??still saving up for the meg swap??
Everything is good matey. Thanks for asking, what about you? Yea still mega busy I'm Wiltshire, miss home quite a lot and it's expensive to travel in the Clio so I avoid doing it too much. I wish wish wish I could drop the money on a meg swap now but with the EU brexit nonsense I'm trying to get the deposit together as fast as possible as I think getting a house is going to get even harder soon enough. Hopefully I can get a garage to tuck gordan away in nasty weather to look after it a bit better, I still feel a massive emotional attachment to these cars and a home for me, the Mrs and the car is first on my list. Renting sucks [emoji34], been renting for too long already. It's been a year and a half since I've been living in Wiltshire, gone too quickly!

all good here..lots has been happening with you then..pretty sure you will be able to buy a house real soon..yeah i know how you feel..i've rented for last 12 years..paying out to somebody else sucks really..
glad you are back on the scene though..check in more often Kaz..

Dont be a stranger.....and the very best of luck with the house deposit !

Sounds like your working hard and know where your going............

2f10def666d59fb9043110e6e5c3348e.jpg

Think this is the only thing I've done recently to this car. What a difference this part has made. Well worth it, recommend it to anyone.

Service soon:
6000 mile oil change,
Brake fluid,
Cabin Filter.

Yeah this has become quite a popular mod recently, especially knowing now how common it is for the mani flexis to wear out. Cheap but effective upgrade!

Reactions: Kazumz
Yeah this has become quite a popular mod recently, especially knowing now how common it is for the mani flexis to wear out. Cheap but effective upgrade!
Yeah absolutely! A friend of mine recently did it to his own 197 because I mentioned that it makes the car feel much livelier and reduces engine rock massively, we did it to his car and lo and behold, most of his gearbox issues have gone away, next to no gear grinding. His old torque arm mount was totally shot, I pushed it out of the arm without having to cut the collar off.

Reactions: Jimmy
Yeah absolutely! A friend of mine recently did it to his own 197 because I mentioned that it makes the car feel much livelier and reduces engine rock massively, we did it to his car and lo and behold, most of his gearbox issues have gone away, next to no gear grinding. His old torque arm mount was totally shot, I pushed it out of the arm without having to cut the collar off.

It's one of those issues that has only cropped up as these cars get older, but if a car doesn't have these uprated mounts on it's a good shout to get them installed as soon as possible - so worth the small cost if it prevents the flexis from getting worn!

Erm...newbie post...what is it? Lol. Engine mount?

Yeah it's the upper torque arm mount that has one of the Powerflex bushes in. There's other ones for the other mounts too - as above, they're a good upgrade to minimize the engine movement.

Yeah it's the upper torque arm mount that has one of the Powerflex bushes in. There's other ones for the other mounts too - as above, they're a good upgrade to minimize the engine movement.

Thanks for the reply, how many of these mounts are there? And are they an easy job to do or garage job? There's so many things I'm discovering that are beneficial to do to these cars and feeling a bit swamped tbh.

Similar Thread Suggestions