GoPro mount ontop of clock housing

Hi all

I have been looking at a way to mount a GoPro ontop of the clock, so I can video trackdays and not use a suction mount.
Due to the texture of the housing nothing will stick ontop of it securely, or enough to my satisfaction, that it will not fly off.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how best to do it

Cheers

I use the sticky mount pad on top of the clock.

Is impossible to remove once on though.

Unless taking the sticky off the bottom and putting on dont think so. Standing there and commanding it to mount itself didnt work.

Tried with both of them, and both seem as ineffective as each other. Tried a flat one with some super unibond on the bottom hopefully that will work

Why not just use the suction mount on the windscreen above the clock and tell the camera to video upside down?

The sticky mounts obviously stick as a lot of us are using the that way. You are sticking onto a clean dry surface?

Why not just use the suction mount on the windscreen above the clock and tell the camera to video upside down?

Not allowed on track

Cleaned the surface, and dried to remove any dust.
Remove sticky backing.
Press into place, apply some pressure to ensure a firm fit.
Leave for a little bit, go back to see if its held, comes off straight in my hand.

Don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

I just wondered if other people had struggled to get them to sit correctly, if not then maybe the pads are just not sticking enough, or if they would not sit at all and another solution is needed. But if you guys can get them to fit then im sure I can get them to as well.

Thanks

Mine stuck beautifully. I was using the clear case with the black plastic flat stand, but I was using good quality Tesa Tape to hold it down....

works for me to although if its been cleaned with a silicon "flash dash" type product it wont and require a clean first with something to remove the slippery surface such as window cleaner , some gentle cleaner of some sorts just in that area .

only solid mounts ( sticky is not solid ) so wont be allowed on msv tracks .

solid is rivet etc

only solid mounts ( sticky is not solid ) so wont be allowed on msv tracks .

solid is rivet etc

True, but having said that I have used mine at MSV days without issue, which is only sticky pad held on.

We did an MSV run day at How Fast and they were cool with just window suckers. This whole idea of having them riveted down is daft IMO. Small cameras wont do much damage if they fall if you have an accident (besides is that gonna be your biggest concern?). If you've got a great big DSLR your using, then your a moron if you don't have it secured properly, so I don't see why they occasionally get pissy about things.

Either way your the person inside the car, not them.

Similar Thread Suggestions