GoPro/Video Cam Recommendations

Benno

Malmesbury 'Chode of the Year' 2019
Paid Member
So I'm thinking of getting a video camera at some point soon, for track days, meets etc...there's so many GoPros and different cameras about I have no idea what to get. Was looking at the Hero 3+ as a good starter but the battery is well documented as pretty poor...any recommendations or ideas would be appreciated!

I had a gopro hero 3 and the battery life is fine. You can also change the batteries so if you pack a bag then you will always have juice. I could film a whole track day with two batteries. Also my hero 3 survived falling off my bike at 100+ and melting its self onto my exhaust, still works.
I recently just bought a gopro session5 and the quality of that is amazing, also has video stabilization which is sublime. But it has an intergrated battery which will only last 2hours max. But can be easily charged. It really depends on budget, I personally wouldnt get anything other than gorpo.

Reactions: Big Ben and Benno
^^^ Shameless riding skills plug

***Shock linkage needs a clean old boy :smile:

Still a miracle that survived. And funny how you re-discovered it after the 'loss' too !

Reactions: jamesgw200
Build quality (y)

Wow! That's bloody decent quality! Thought the 3 was a little more 'stone age' than this! I put a little bid on a 4 but may well look at these if that's the case. I always used to swap batteries with my 600d DSLR so I'm quite used to carrying and charging spares!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heres some actual footage which might give you a better idea. think i was filming in 720 and 60fps. But the hero 5session is a different level.

Reactions: Benno
heres some actual footage which might give you a better idea. think i was filming in 720 and 60fps. But the hero 5session is a different level.

Could I theoretically buy a long cable and keep the 5 session plugged in whilst recording? Just thinking practically.

Im not 100 sure if it records while charging. ill just take a charge block or plug it into the usb slot in the car when im not on track or using it.

Can get some decent none branded versions of go pros these days that's worth noting/researching to be fair!

Reactions: Benno