GoPro mounting location?

just got a GoPro black

ive got a suction mounting bracket which looks sold and says is tested to 150mph outside the vehicle so should be fine

i also have the adhesive mounts and various brackets too.

ive seen people fit it without the casing directly to the rear view mirror but i would prefer an angle of the track and the driver ideally

where does everyone else mount their cameras?

From experience the suction mount regardless of speed rating won't be allowed.

I mount my cameras on the windscreen inside at the top in each corner. Pass side pointing at me for pip and then forward facing as the master on the drivers side but make sure you or the marshal doesn't stick either the noise test or track day sticker over its view if you put them there.

If your adhesive mounting them to the outside I'd advise placing them on glass or on the lights so as not to risk paintwork damage.

I'd also use tie raps if possible just incase and anchor it to something as I have seen them come off.

i was going to use one of the adhesive mounts for my helmet. not sure about the other one.

was thinking about mounting it to the parcel shelf or rear headrests but not sure if there will be too much car and not enough track at that angle

Use the curved sticky pad on top of the centre display unit, if you have an iphone get track addict and a wifi obd11 reader and you can make so really good footage with all your gauges, speed, revs g force etc etc.

I put a sticky pad on top of the clock display and one on the under side of the front bumper between the F1 blade and black centre bit.

Having owned several GoPros, I suggest you place it very carefully where there is no movement on the surface.

If you place the GoPro on the front bumper for example it is going to rattle like a *****. I place mine (on the exterior) on the rear quarter window pointing forwards, usually don't get hardly any movement there. Interior as above, windscreen is good, side windows rattle. Have a play around, you won't know until you try it out really.

[video=youtube;EK7ksSyUmYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK7ksSyUmYY[/video]

What GoPro are you filming this with?

I still find with the more direct movement to the wheels and air, the movement reduces the quality even in 720p. Nice driving though.

Thats just a GoPro 1.

The difference in quality between GoPro 3 video and the original GoPro is huge.

Thats just a GoPro 1.

The difference in quality between GoPro 3 video and the original GoPro is huge.

Yeah I have the 2 and 3 and the difference between just those is phenomenal! I will try the sticky pad there with the 3, see how it comes out.

I had one just in front of the clock display, but when it was sunny and warm it caused the sticky adhesive to warm and move. I also picked up alot of rattles from the mount in the footage which was annoying.
I now mount it up on the windscreen, just behind the review, with the camera recording upside down.
Most places now will require you to secure / tether the camera to the car, incase the mount fails or comes lose at all.

I have a black edition and I find for a decent video that people will enjoy watching it is best to be creative. Use more than one angle and cut them together. I have mounted it 2 inches from the road which gives a great perspective of speed, on the back of my chair looking through the front shows the driver and the gear changes etc. Best thing to do reallly is try it. Same goes for anything your trying to film, snowboarding I find to be very difficult but cars have so many mounting spots available you can go crazy. Also use the little white rubber thing that comes with the mount, it really helps cut vibration. Filming in 60 fps at 1080p also helps as it creates a smoother video and protune is a must if you want it took look half decent. just my 2 cents

i was going to try sticking it to the back of the recaro with the suction cup but not sure if it will work. think that might give a good interior and track view hopefully

just got a GoPro black

ive got a suction mounting bracket which looks sold and says is tested to 150mph outside the vehicle so should be fine

i also have the adhesive mounts and various brackets too.

ive seen people fit it without the casing directly to the rear view mirror but i would prefer an angle of the track and the driver ideally

where does everyone else mount their cameras?

I've got a Hague headrest mount which I can no longer use as I've sold the Clio and my current seats have integrated headrests. It's also got the adapter that allows the GoPro on it or a camera/video camera etc. It's solid and gives a good view, no rattles or shakes etc. It's like this one:

http://www.haguecamerasupports.com/products/clamps_mounting_brackets/chm_camera_headrest_mount.shtml

Here's some footage of it in use.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCwxbZlO6ng

Suction clamps are generally not allowed on many trackdays, places allowing use are getting few and far between. I have no use so if you are interested let me know.

Cheers!

I also have an adehsive pad on the windscreen to the left of my rear view mirror. Out of sight when driving and one of the best wide angle shots you could get.

Here is my mount example and as you can see I miss placed the trackway sticker. Grrrrrrr

[video=youtube;y1_FJJoO0lc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1_FJJoO0lc[/video]

what settings does everyone use?

ive just been messing around with it in the house and found a lower fps actually seems smoother? i would have thought higher was better?

i have it set to 1080p, medium angle lens and 48fps at the moment

whats everyone else using?

Similar Thread Suggestions