Gearbox update

Disgusting.

I cannot believe how much they charge for a new gearbox fully knowing weather they admit it or not that there is a re-occurring problem with them.

License to print money...absolute scoundrels.

£3k for a new gearbox. Holy hell.
Was planning on keeping mine for quite a while, but seeing that makes me want to get rid before the warranty runs out.

It's 3k for a "NEW" box or 2k and you give them yours for a reconditioned one.

I'm not aware of anyone who has paid for a "new" one.

For that amount of money I would want it to be made out of the bones of what ever muppet designed them.

f00king amateurs

Just had a phone call back of RUK they are waiting to hear of the dealer even though I have said what the dealer said

I can only presume this is to stick it down to driver error I feel so f****d off

She then said well we might be able to assist you in this. Like I am getting a big favor.

Just had a phone call back of RUK they are waiting to hear of the dealer even though I have said what the dealer said

I can only presume this is to stick it down to driver error I feel so f****d off

She then said well we might be able to assist you in this. Like I am getting a big favor.

Gotta really pile on the pressure mate. Be polite but you have to be firm and clear that a contribution from them below 75% IMO is what should be happening.

This is not a one off as we have all said and if needs be I'm sure everyone else who has had their problems will put their names into the fray to show how much of a "rare problem" this is.

Yeh thanks gam I was thinking 75% in my head to I'll tell her when she phones back after speaking to the dealer.
Such poor care after service

It's £1200 for a Renault factory recon gearbox had one priced the other week mine came out at £2200 with labour and new clutch .

Hi fellas had a phone call of RUK today only a week late and I had to ring them and ask for a callback but we are getting somewhere.
They are prepared to pay 70% so I'm quite happy about this the car is four year old but only done 24k so they took this in to consideration and the previous history at Renault dealer.they weren't happy with the way I was treated with the car being filthy and the little diagram off the health check and are asking for pics to get to the bottom of it so hopefully I'll get a free service and my diagnostic fee back.
They are going to phone me Tuesday to get all the confirmation.

Nice one. Shouldn't happen but at least you got what you wanted.