Gearbox update

Finally managed to get in touch with holly at RUK after trying every day of the week and the original call was for my recaro seat rubbing through on the side after 23k and they are willing to pay 60% of the claim as a good will gesture and I would have to pay £163 remaining and she asked how I felt on this so I mentioned my gearbox problem the fourth gear crunch and how it is a trend to have a 200 with this problem to which she wasn't aware of so I pointed her in the direction of the sticky thread in this forum and told her of all the ppl who have had this changed and to which she personally has helped ppl get fixed again she didn't really have an answer to this I wasn't being rude or anything but just stating the facts also yeh the car is 4 year old but only 23k and how the box isn't a service part etc.. I was annoyed when she switched it to driver error so then I stated how they sell it as a hot hatch organize RS track days and sell it with a short shift box and high revving engine.

( this quoted from a previous post I saw in the sticky section so thanks for that )

Going on from this the next action is to get it booked in to the local dealer for a diagnosis but I have to pay the fee at a rough guess it'll prob be £50 quote p****d off about the whole thing and don't want to be paying a fortune.thanks

Good news I hope it all gets sorted and cost free for you!

That Holly sounds like she has a brain like a sieve.

My gearbox problems are still on going with RUK because the garage i bought it from are dragging their heels when RUK are contacting them, its gone on for over a month now, the girl I've been speaking to is called Christine Perkins. Seems really helpful and keeps me updated but lets see if they fix it or not

going on from this the next action is to get it booked in to the local dealer for a diagnosis but I have to pay the fee at a rough guess it'll prob be £50 quote p****d off about the whole thing and don't want to be paying a fortune.thanks

I would ring which ever dealer it's going too and tell them you want it diagnosing for free, tell them it's likely to be a £2000+ bill and then there is the recaro work they will also be getting.

FFS they will get in and drive it 100 yards down the road till they get it into 4th.

If they charge you for that with a 2k pay cheque at the end you want to tell them to do one.

I would ring which ever dealer it's going too and tell them you want it diagnosing for free, tell them it's likely to be a £2000+ bill and then there is the recaro work they will also be getting.

FFS they will get in and drive it 100 yards down the road till they get it into 4th.

If they charge you for that with a 2k pay cheque at the end you want to tell them to do one.

Exactly what I was saying to my dad it's a five minute diagnosis they don't need the car all dayumena3ej.jpg

As a reoccurring problem that multiple members have run into I think it's ridiculous that they not only try to deny it but they also make it hard work to rectify the problem time after time.

As a reoccurring problem that multiple members have run into I think it's ridiculous that they not only try to deny it but they also make it hard work to rectify the problem time after time.

agree but they are playing the game...they don't want to admit a problem and open the floodgates to 100's of claims!

as for the £50 to diagnose.....its taking the pee really!!!

@gj-rs200 just ring the dealer its booked in with and say wave the diagnosis fee or go jump and you will go somewhere else for the work doing. I'd also ask why they need it all day unless they are taking a oil sample off the box which will take slightly more than the 2 mins to run down the car park and back to get it into 4th.

New update

Took the car in to Renault Chester today they had the car from 10-5:30 and have took an oil sample from gearbox and said its contaminated of swarf ( metal filings ) and given me a price on a new box and a part ex one. ( pic to follow )
I did tell the lady that this would be the problem but she said they still needed it all day.
What pissed me off more was I spent the majority of my day yday cleaning the whole car and it was spotless to my surprise ( sarcasm ) it was filthy on picking it up muddy prints on floor and dry water spots all over it so as you imagine that done my head in but it's gets better it got serviced three weeks ago and they give you a little diagram of scratches and dents and corrosion on the car which three weeks ago showed a scratched alloy and a scratch on boot but this week it's covered in marks. Again see pic.
I hate Renault ATM in a nutshell.

Going to phone holly at Renault uk tomorrow to tell her the good news.

Sorry for pic heavy just trying to make sure I can get as much help off people who have been in a similar situation or are in one

So the way i read that is 1950 as you exchange.

you get a recondition box and yours goes back to france to readied for the next one to fail.

thats how it works.

So the way i read that is 1950 as you exchange.

you get a recondition box and yours goes back to france to readied for the next one to fail.

thats how it works.

Yeh that is exactly what they will do it will get reconditioned and the next unlucky chap will have it.