Front Grille Air intake?

Hey so, ive done a search and gathered a few people have talked about this.

I am sure i saw a car with a Right hand modified upper front grille to allow more air in, obviously it wont make loads of difference and im guessing is primarly for looks but how have you guys done it?

any pics or links to threads ive missed.

Thanks

I am on about modifying the grille its self not the piece of plastic which is there to stop rain water etc going into the air intake.

I'm sure someone took a lower spec clio grill, and cut the slats out and then Carbon Wrapped it.

That what you're on about?

yes, i have a lower spec one, needs chopping to fit but it will fit like, but was just wondering what their method was and to see finished result

Thanks for that!

in 2 minds now you have to cut bumper....i know its only the little hash piece behind the grille but =0

Not really much point unless you remove the box section behind the grill, ive had the box cut out for two years now with no adverse effects

I removed the box section behind the grill when i had the bumper off, but it can be done buy removing the two pins each side of the bonnet latch and the two plastic screws by each headlight and pull the top of the bumper off you may get your hand down the back to the box, the box folds up from the bottom and clips into its self, just cut the two clips and and scaw where it folds, ad for the grill, i used some tape to mark where i was cutting and cut using a dremel, then wet dried the edge, also used some rubber matting to tidy up the bak as you can see a gap down the bak of the grill

Cheers! :smile:

On a 12 hour night shift tonight so I'll take the spare grille, mask and mark it up and maybe cut it there :smile:

Gotta do something useful on double time ain't ya :wink:

I when i had my 197 had a proper carbon thing like in the thread above not sure where i got it from or where it went

Exon made them, but he only made limited numbers, and never made no more, so made my own from a grill from a basic model

Sweet :smile: was thinking of putting a backing on it and feeding a pipe down into the plastic part that Ryan said you cut

To be honest the gain from "force" feeding a N/a engine vs the negatives ie rain dirt dust etc on a road car make it a risk that is not work taking . IMO and as i say force feeding N/A give little to no gains unlike a turbo where you can create posative turbo pressure etc etc

On a n/a engine you need the ram effect and sealed air box to increase the air speed (this is why you loose power on a n/a engine from a open filter)
The ideal set up would be a large intake scoop running into a sealed air box with a trumpet