lower front grille to go with carbon top grilles

hi all

i'm just after your thoughts guys on this lower front grille,wondering weather it might go well with my new carbon top grilles,all comments welcome as i like the oem version,just thought this would be something slightly different

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2232

if a mod can post the pic in the thread that would be great,cheers

scott

mm006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You putting any kind of mesh in the streamline ones?

Not a particular fan of that mesh, but funnily enough I was talking about that today. Needs an option.

yeah i'm starting to think the standard grille looks better lads,the only thing that through me i think is that i asked the wife and she said the above grille is rank! as she knows sh!t about cars i tend to do the opposite normally,looks like for once she might be right

thanks to which ever mod sorted the pic btw

Pic looks a bit odd as there are three different types of grill in it, as if someone can't make up their mind :smiley:

Love mine with streamline grills but depends on the other bits you already have on the car. I wouldn't change them if my car was in anyway standard, the grilles are too extreme and trust me, they look huge when you fit them. I hated the standard grilles as they dated the look of the car, not to mention fade really badly. Streamlines does make the car look more modern. Also given the extra heat from the turbo, they are functional too. Also if you go with the carbon, would look odd IMO if you didn't have anything else that wasn't carbon too...

Last edited:
yeah i agree litchy,thinking of carbon diamonds to go with them if angel sticks to his promise,if not i'll probably paint them satin black

Hence why I'm getting mine sprayed. Its the only way I'll stop myself from getting a carbon bonnet to match!

Sounds mad put I'd photoshop them red with mirror caps al la Porsche gt3 rs....might look good?

to mad for me mate,haha!...i'm a less is more kind of guy...if someone was to go for it though it would need to be the same read as the calipers

Sounds mad put I'd photoshop them red with mirror caps al la Porsche gt3 rs....might look good?

At first I thought no, but now I think about it it could look great. Red diamonds, intakes, wheels and wing mirrors. Might clash with the calipers though.

I'll do a photoshop tomorrow at work.