painted front grilles

chris1888-197

Paid Member
Git my front grilles painted in work yesterday. Thought the guys did a good job. They looked awful before. Il put a pic up fitted tonight.

Cheers for comments guys. Would not liked to have tried to get paint off old ones! For such a cheap job will make the front end look better.

Won't look like that after a couple of months

bad idea

Funny cos I did mine on my 197 and they lasted well over a year, and were still fine when I sold the car...

What a rude comment, why even bother...

[MENTION=4447]chris1888-197[/MENTION] How much did this cost really need this doing?

Hi mate, guy in work done them for me so cost me nothing, favour for a favour. He says it was a easy job so wouldnt imagine that dear bud. Il ask him tomorrow how much roughly.

bad idea

Hi pal, everyone entitled to there opinion :smile: i will just get them done again if they fade. Just thought they looked better than what they looked like before. :smile: he said he put tough paint and primer on them so time will tell.

bad idea

beg to differ..sprayed mine and they have been great apart from the damage to the plastic,which had been done by a previous owner..they will stay nice,at least in my case they have..

Correct, Zunsport griles, look fab.

they do look very nice..think they are about £120 from ebay..

Last edited:
Funny cos I did mine on my 197 and they lasted well over a year, and were still fine when I sold the car...

What a rude comment, why even bother...

Because they will chip/flake and look a bollox?

946.jpg

They take a right battering, and no rattle can finish will last. They always end up looking ratty after 12 months.

A proper fix would be to use something like this

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/c4-permanent-trim-restorer

Better? :wink:

Correct, Zunsport griles, look fab.

Zunsport look better hahaha.... Let see if I could find an old 90's Max Power magazine to see if you're right in what you say, only joking... Their ok. I personally think he's done a great job and if it hardly cost much to do it again then, just keep doing it.

edit... I'm changing my comment about those Zunsport as I was just looking at the metal finish and not black, actually pretty nice!! Dam it ha!!

Last edited:
Because they will chip/flake and look a bollox?

946.jpg

They take a right battering, and no rattle can finish will last. They always end up looking ratty after 12 months.

A proper fix would be to use something like this

http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/perfect/exterior/paint/c4-permanent-trim-restorer

Better? :wink:

Its an alternative, would have been nice if you'd posted something like that in the first post you made.

As I said mine lasted well over a year and still looked the same as when I first did them. With a rattle can...

Last edited:
Zunsport look better hahaha.... Let see if I could find an old 90's Max Power magazine to see if you're right in what you say, only joking... Their ok. I personally think he's done a great job and if it hardly cost much to do it again then, just keep doing it.

edit... I'm changing my comment about those Zunsport as I was just looking at the metal finish and not black, actually pretty nice!! Dam it ha!!
Converted. LOL.:thumbup: