Dilemma

In need of advice!!!!

Went to my local Renault stealers today to ask about upgrading to a 200 cup. Anyway after being shafted on the price they would give me for my 197 they came out with a figure of 18k for a 200 cup with recaros, storm grey, black roof and black sppedlines with 0% interest over 5 years which works out at £3 a month more than I'm paying for my 197.

Now I'm never gonna keep it for 5 years but after 3 years I would have cleared over 10k of what I owe and ithink I could easily get 8k for a 3 year old 200 cup with no more than 36k on the clock so I shouldn't loose out.

Do I keep my 197 which is nearly 4 years old with 42k on the clock and a years finance left plus ballon payment or upgrade to interest free 200 for the next 3-5 years?

Anyone else had any better offers on a new 200 cup with similar spec?

Whatwould you do........

Haggle a little more on price, get some tax thrown in and I think you are laughing with that mate! Seems like a great deal especially if you are only paying an extra £3!

Its stuff like this which gets me wondering with my car, if its time to swap for a younger model!?

That's what I was thinking. Free tax or free servicing as the first 3 are £250+. Just the idea of having recaros is swaying me big style!! Got offered £7500 for my 56 plate 197 with 42k which to be fair I was kinda expecting. I had a figure of about 8k in my head so wasn't too disappointed.

Get youself to the dealers mate and ask! 3 years of warrenty is a huge peace of mind!

Yeah the Recaros are very very nice! One of my favorite parts TBH! Yeah I would have thought about 8k would be right, which must be peace of mind for you if you were to get a 200 at least after 3yrs you should be getting more than that back!

Lol you arent helping.... I know, its the warranty which is of main interest to me! I still dont prefer the 200 front to the 197 though!

If you are not going to keep the car for 5 years then it’s pointless, you risk being in negative equity.

If it was me I would rather buy one for 14-15k, would never pay 18k for a Clio regardless if its on finance or not.

broadspeed.com

go on there any check out the percentage discount's.

Not bought a car from there before but its recommended by topgear mag

I'm not so keen on the 200 front end but the rear diffuser is so much better! Add that to recaros and warranty is seriously hard to turn down for £3 more. If I took out extended warranty on my 197 for a year would be £500, buy a set of used recaros £900, 200 rear diffuser £600? So theres 2k if I were to keep and modify my 197.

Matt I agree mate, but trying to find a used 200 with less than 10k on the clock with recaros in storm grey is nearly impossible. Even If I did find one it would stillbe around 16k and only maybe have 2 years or 18 months warrenty. If I have been offered £7500 on my 197 with 42k on the clock a 200 with around 36k in the spec I want would easily be worth 8k I reckon......

Cheers for the advice CERN, just looked on broadspeed and spec'd the same car and options and came back with a price of £17,200 but it's not giving me info on interest rates on finance etc. I reckon with some haggling I could get them down to £17,500.

Main reason for my change is milage etc by the time i come to sell the 197 i wouldnt get much for it which would be gash as its in great nick but the miles at the end of the day de-vaue it got offrered 10.8k for my 07 with 32000 miles which i couldnt turn down and my warranty ends in dec and a few niggles starting here n there which i know wont be covered by it. plus i loove the 200's and i thought bugger it if down the line somewhere i need to sell it so what least i went for it!!!

Nashy

i dont know, depends what u want the car for cus really they are the same car with a different diffuser, wheels and front bumper

i dont know, depends what u want the car for cus really they are the same car with a different diffuser, wheels and front bumper

Plus a nicer interior, more torque and 3hp more:thumbup:

I tried to dismiss the 200 as "just a facelift" but then I made the mistake of test driving one.

It just feels like a more complete car, really what the 197 should have been from day one.

I only went to have a look because my 197 was running out of warranty, service was due and I think my pads were coming to the end of their life too. As soon as I sat in the 200 I just had to have it.

Didn't cost me much more per month to change and the renewal of warranty + breakdown cover, fresh tyres and plenty of miles before the next service all go towards helping with the cost.

If it were me, I'd grab that deal. Just try and sweeten it a little bit more with a couple of free services.

Cheers for the advice guys, like many of you have said I'm gonna try with free servicing to sweeten the deal and go with it. The warranty is the main reason I'm gonna swap plus those sweet recaros!:thumbup1:

Sweeten the deal and shake his hand mate, you only live once. I pushed Renault Leicester on my old 1.2 Clio and they gave me an extra £500 on part-ex towards my 197! Bonus! You have got to haggle, I always think it's good to have a mate with you at that part. This is no word of a lie, I got £1500 knocked off when my mate bought his 6 month old Grande Punto T-Jet about 18 mounths ago! It was very over priced though! Ha ha!

It always help if you take loads of research papers in to the stealers with you too. Get prices from every dealer you can on the 200 and how much they'd give you for your 197. Get independant prices and find other 197's for sale. Take it all with you and show them. They should budge some! After all, it's money in their pocket for the sale. I had 0% finance on my old Clio which was great for when I came to get rid because I already knew the settlement figure was exactly what I owed on it. You are in negative equity with ANY car for a while so you won't be any different to the next guy.

I think the warrenty is the best bit though. If it breaks, send the bu***r back! Lol!

I am currently looking as well. On broadspeed, you can get the extra 2 year warranty from Renault for £99. Its a very good deal, as the dealer will try and charge you £1000. I would try and get the dealer to chuck it in for free, as your buying on finance.

18 k is a good price at the moment. Dealers are tightening up; or at least they are if you are using finance.

congrats, very similar to myself, im only £4 a month more. Couldnt say no. Getting it next week. Tryin to get a spoiler fitted before i collect it but not going to well.

Wish I was getting mine next week! I originally went to the stealers to buy a used one with about 5k on the clock like an ex demo or something but ended up being persuaded to buy new with the spec I wanted.

What spec/colour you had yours mate?

honestly not sure of everything, havent seen the car yet. Know its Red, and a better spec than my 197. Chassie pack, auto lights, climate control. But i dont know the standard spec of the 200 so need to wait see.