Dilemma.Want to trade in the 200 for a 250/265

Hi all,

Went to K-tec today for some new pads and an upgraded brake disc on the 200.

Then I saw the 265 and I'm so tempted. They took me out for a spin and the torque is immense.

They are going to take mine LY200 for 8,700 standard or with mods (akrapovic, ktr induction and remap, oz 17") for 9,500

Is it worth it?

My wife wouldn't want me to get another 3 door because she said if we are going to have a baby, it's hard to place the baby in the car.

Should I keep my 200 or should I go for the 265?

In all honesty and not be biased as I own one (used to own a 200), but a meg for me does everything the clio does, but better. Still got the great cornering and braking but a ton more power which is where i found the clio to lack.

Meg also feels alot more solid / well built.

As for running costs, they aren't a million miles apart. For me the meg was pretty much the same to insure (meg for me is £703 at 22), perhaps slightly more but on the other hand get better MPG... Tyres are a little more for the 19's but meh

Decent amount of room inside, easy to get a baby in. Open door > insert baby > close door.

If you anywhere near to Surrey you're welcome to a nose at the Trophy

Brilliant :smile:

What MPG do you get out of a 265??

Never actually looked / reset it to be honest. Longer journeys (motorway/cruise control) its certainly better than the clio. But, just like the clio when you give it good blast then you can be getting single figures :smiley:

Meg's a good option but if your looking for a 5 door dont wright off the new Clio pal defo worth a play and on the second hand market there are some great deals

As above, look at a 200t before you decide. The Megs brilliant but I wouldnt want to try and get a kids + seat in or out of the back.

As others have said, try the 200t as it's a five door and will have the torque that you are missing in the 200

If you are going to p/x you may aswell sell the mods separately.. you'll surely get more than £800 for the wheels and exhaust?

It depends where your priorities lie.

I wouldnt get a meg if you fancy sleeping on the sofa haha. Although they are clearly a fantastic car and a league above a clio.

And [MENTION=4600]Stevoox[/MENTION] - couldn't help but laugh at "open door - insert baby - close door" - classic!

Just had a look at 200T's on autotrader and theres one up for £16,700 a mile from me! May just have to go and have a looksie :smiley:

It depends where your priorities lie.

I wouldnt get a meg if you fancy sleeping on the sofa haha. Although they are clearly a fantastic car and a league above a clio.

And @Stevoox - couldn't help but laugh at "open door - insert baby - close door" - classic!

:smiley: keep it nice and simple lol. Or just get one up those Kano looking things that goes on the roof, whack the baby in the with some padding :smile:

250/65 is not leagues above the Clio in fun factor, for fun I'd take the Clio all day long.

Running costs are worse on the meg especially if you have a heavy right foot.

On track you return 9mpg.

In the end of the day you need to look 1-5 years down the line It's a pain in the back getting a kid out of a back seat ANd im sure the missus isnt going to be happy with a other 3 door lol Its time to put your toys to one side and look after the family soo go for a 200t lol
missus gets a 5 door you get more power win win :smile:

In the end of the day you need to look 1-5 years down the line It's a pain in the back getting a kid out of a back seat ANd im sure the missus isnt going to be happy with a other 3 door lol Its time to put your toys to one side and look after the family soo go for a 200t lol
missus gets a 5 door you get more power win win :smile:

You are so right mate.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind putting the kids at the back seat million times a day, but it's the missus that I need to please. So will definitely consider the 200T