Dented bonnet...great!

So, tonight I parked up and while sat in my car a papa johns delivery guy dropped 2 big bottles of tango straight into my bonnet from quite a height...

bonnet now has a good few dents and also doesn't align up with the wing ( @Rogue I'm waiting for a joke from you...) so ill def be needing a new bonnet.

Police arrived but can't do anything as its not criminal damage! So a regional manager from papa johns now has to see if their company insurance would cover it (which I doubt?). So I'm left with the guy having to pay for it...but how does a immigrant on 4p and hour now afford a new bonnet, painted in LY and labour costs for fitting...

i can try a civil court route but that means even more £££. Issue is aswell, he'll probs now pack his bags and just head back home!

so it appears I'm pretty much screwed and can only hope papa johns agree to cover under their insurance (️(that's if they even bother to call me)

as as you can probably guess, I'm having a wonderful Easter break.

Last edited:
Pics don't really do it justice... Is one area you can actually easily see in the pics which is on the 'ridge' part, second dented area further up the bonnet, then further down is quite a long dent (can't see in pics I don't think) then the whole side of the bonnet is pushed in and doesn't align with the wing

tana9ahe.jpg

2y5ere3u.jpg

te6e3uqe.jpg

agy3a7en.jpg

e6e8u6e9.jpg

2eneba2y.jpg

Link says 250? And from 2010.

250 was in sports yellow not LY.

LY was first available on the Trophy in 2011.

Have you not just thought of taking it to a body shop? See if they can pull/push it out?

It's worth a chat anyway, cheaper than a bonnet/spraying.

papa johns??? pizza place???

get them to pay up an employee in their employ and causes damaged whilst doing their job.....public liability insurance is it not?

you take the company to court for damages not the employee as such even if he left they are still liable

why the f'ck is he hovering cans over your bonnet?

Why is he even near your car.. :worried:

He was walking out the back of the store, walk way is probs 10ft maybe more above and he dropped two big bottles which found their way down onto my bonnet parked below

Have you not just thought of taking it to a body shop? See if they can pull/push it out?

It's worth a chat anyway, cheaper than a bonnet/spraying.

Thats crossed my mind but its a think part of the bonnet so not sure they could push it from under?

I mi also have the issue that the bonnet is all push in down one side, lower than the wing so not sure how easy to align perfect

What is public liability insurance?

This type of insurance would cover a business if a customer or member of the public was to suffer a loss or injury as a result of its business activities and if that person made a claim for compensation. The insurance would cover the compensation payment plus any legal expenses.

Why is public liability cover a good thing for customers?

Even when a business does everything right there is always the chance of an accident happening. With the right insurance cover, a business can operate knowing that should the worst happen, their customers' property could be repaired, their possessions replaced and their medical costs paid for.

papa johns??? pizza place???

get them to pay up an employee in their employ and causes damaged whilst doing their job.....public liability insurance is it not?

you take the company to court for damages not the employee as such even if he left they are still liable

I've no idea what it can be covered under or anything, just have to hope the regional manager looks into it and they agree to cover it

Gutted to hear that Steve. Absolutely pursue it with Papa Johns! Go social, go legal, go where ever you need to, to get it fixed. Don't let them get away with it!

Gutted to hear that Steve. Absolutely pursue it with Papa Johns! Go social, go legal, go where ever you need to, to get it fixed. Don't let them get away with it!
Just depends if I can hold them liable because it was just a random delivery driver rather than it being something that happened in the shop?

i can just see them doing virtually nothing and this guy just going back to where ever he is from and I'm just left to foot the bill...

Fox is on the mark here.

PJ will pay for the damage assuming the delivery driver was working at the time - just like if the postman were to smash your gate post down by accident.