Dented bonnet...great!

I would ask them nicely again and say you won't speak to the local paper about the incident if they pay for the damage ☺️

As your getting nowhere with the store just give head office a call.. All the Papa John's are franchises and the last thing head office want is disgruntled customers posting on Facebook and Twitter..

call them on: 0173 737 0470

As your getting nowhere with the store just give head office a call.. All the Papa John's are franchises and the last thing head office want is disgruntled customers posting on Facebook and Twitter..

call them on: 0173 737 0470
Hi Angel I told Steve to do this yesterday on the phone

Gave the head office a call just now, they passed it on and just said it wouldn't be to do with them as the store is a franchise. She gave me the mob number of the store owner who just said "i don't know, i wasn't there. i will get my partner who you spoke to, to call you"

Last edited:
The store owner has just called, said he has tried but the company insurance will not cover it as it wasn't inside the premises.

Surely thats irrelevant though as Papa Johns operates inside and out of a premises with drivers/people coming and going? He then spoke to the guy who did it and he said he can't afford anything, even if it was £100 he just can't afford it.

Erghhhhhhh!!!!!!!1

Firstly the responsibility is with Papa John's not the delivery guy and secondly their insurance should cover all activities Inside and outside..

If they still won't budge just Issue a claim in the small claims court. It's cheap and easy to do and you'll win.

Have you asked citizens advice where you stand yet with regards to PL? Have you asked PJ who insures them so you can speak to their insurer?

And thirdly, if you don't get a payout on this, do you not have no claims protection? Yes - you may have to claim on your insurance but the cost of a new bonnet will far outweigh what your policy goes up.

Have you asked citizens advice where you stand yet with regards to PL? Have you asked PJ who insures them so you can speak to their insurer?

And thirdly, if you don't get a payout on this, do you not have no claims protection? Yes - you may have to claim on your insurance but the cost of a new bonnet will far outweigh what your policy goes up.

My next step was to speak to Citizens Advice and see what they say.

I don't have no claims protection and i think my excess is not far off 1K. Just don't want to claim on my insurance, I shouldn't have to and thus pay the price for it when it wasn't my fault.

Have put a post on the Papa Johns UK facebook too but that'll probably be ignored. Will speak to my Dad later and see what he thinks next

Becoming such a ball ache

The store owner has just called, said he has tried but the company insurance will not cover it as it wasn't inside the premises.

Surely thats irrelevant though as Papa Johns operates inside and out of a premises with drivers/people coming and going? He then spoke to the guy who did it and he said he can't afford anything, even if it was £100 he just can't afford it.

Erghhhhhhh!!!!!!!1

The direct line website says that a claim can me made against the business premises or OUTSIDE the business premises. I would assume they just dont want to pay the excess.

Don't give up on it though, there's no way you should be backing down.

Last edited:
The direct line website says that a claim can me made against the business premises or OUTSIDE the business premises. I would assume they just dont want to pay the excess.

Don't give up on it though, there's no way you should be backing down.

Cheers Pete

I certainly won't, there is no way I am going to foot the bill at the fault of someone else.

Maybe if it was £100 or less then yeah i would do to save the hassle. But as its going to be alot closer to 4 figures then they can pay.

OK, I just spoke to a friend of a friend who owns a restaurant that delivers.

Basically he said they're lying. It is ILLEGAL for them not to have insurance for delivery drivers. Its called something like hot delivery insurance, its a set fee a year which you pay and that's that. It covers for these types of things.

So basically, they have insurance and CAN cover you but are being difficult, or they don't have it and are breaking the law and you report them to the police.

I would throw that at them and see where you get. I'm gonna have a little Google for that delivery insurance thing.

OK, I just spoke to a friend of a friend who owns a restaurant that delivers.

Basically he said they're lying. It is ILLEGAL for them not to have insurance for delivery drivers. Its called something like hot delivery insurance, its a set fee a year which you pay and that's that. It covers for these types of things.

So basically, they have insurance and CAN cover you but are being difficult, or they don't have it and are breaking the law and you report them to the police.

I would throw that at them and see where you get. I'm gonna have a little Google for that delivery insurance thing.

Appreciated Pete

All helps to build a stronger case - I'll have to give the guy a call back or try and speak to his boss (Regional manager)

They'll be covered for it, just don't want to pay up.

From the pictures any non-car person would just accept the dent and get on with life because 'it's just a megane' but as a car person I feel your pain.

Cheers for your comments, seems to have worked as they have atleast acknowledged the post and asked for an email

I've found who the managing director of PJ UK is, I'd call /email him if I could get his contact details..