Dented bonnet...great!

Just remember the estimate I gave you is a full insurance estimate no discount. If Papa John's wanted to contact us to discuss and negotiation on price we could work something out.

No respectable company would do that. Would you boss bail you out for 700 notes out of his own pocket? like fook. You do a runner and he's 700notes out of pocket.

Any company would go through insurance, thats what they have it for. He'd still have to pay his excess anyway.

Yeah, thats why it seems odd and so you question if they are actually covered. Tbh, I dont care how its sorted, as long as my bonnet is back to 100% and i dont have to outlay money then its fine by me

Soz to hear about this mate!! Am on same thinking as you!! No way would a pay towards the repair, your actions did not cause this and if you went through insurance your premium would def take a hit when you renew. Hope/did you get it sorted ??

Soz to hear about this mate!! Am on same thinking as you!! No way would a pay towards the repair, your actions did not cause this and if you went through insurance your premium would def take a hit when you renew. Hope/did you get it sorted ??

Ive got a quote of £400 for repairs, so its just whether I go for that and get £700 from them (or push for £800) or do I try go down the insurance route for a whole new bonnet

Could it be that the employee was not working legally? Seems very strange that they were so reluctant to go through insurance. That is why you pay for it.

Ive got a quote of £400 for repairs, so its just whether I go for that and get £700 from them (or push for £800) or do I try go down the insurance route for a whole new bonnet

If he had any sort of brain he would want to see the quotation before he paid up.

So unlikely you'd earn out of it.

Just read this thread [MENTION=4600]Stevoox[/MENTION], such a sh***er.

Was thinking about your insurance and even if you did go through yours I doubt they would pay as it looks from that google maps picture that you were parked on double yellows anyway and they will find any excuse not to pay out ect.

Reckon it will be sorted by Tuesday? Looking at the exchanges between your and PJ I guess not? :worried:

Just read this thread @Stevoox, such a sh***er.

Was thinking about your insurance and even if you did go through yours I doubt they would pay as it looks from that google maps picture that you were parked on double yellows anyway and they will find any excuse not to pay out ect.

Reckon it will be sorted by Tuesday? Looking at the exchanges between your and PJ I guess not? :worried:

nope, will probs be repaired by at the end of may. That's if I decide to have repaired and make a few hundred or do I go via insurance and try for a new bonnet? Hmm

I doubt that will pull out cleanly as its on the line, probably get it close, then need filler.... in a bonnet!!, on such a pretty pricey car...............ewwwwwwwwwwww dont do it. You'll need a new bonnet,end of, else it wont be as it was, and it wasnt your fault so thats what id be pushing for without compromise.

If they refuse to pay, personally, id leave it, till i could efford to do it properly with a new part.

**Its also worth noting, unless the filling is absolutely spot,not rushed, all stages pre painting (including priming) let to cure properly those dents may well come back to haunt you, so id be very careful who i took that to.

@Stevoox What sort of time frames have you been quoted to repair it? by the 2 quotes you have had.

Last edited:
If it were mine I'd only settle for a new bonnet, the cars too special to accept any less because of some immigrant pizza bloke. Papa Johns pizzas are ****e too, just to note :tongueout:

Thats B0llox - I mean who the hell drinks Tango anyway.

Like mentioned in this thread all his drivers must be covered under some form of pooled insurance whether on a moped/car, premises or on a customers property. The fact that the guy has fobbed you off then offered to pay in cash when you threatened him with court action smells to me.

Keep pushing the insurance route and get it replaced.

Dont take no for an answer.